Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear bumper

Old 02-26-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear bumper

Looking to find a good bumper for my '08 Rubicon to replace the stock one but not looking to spend more than 400$ or so, any suggestions?
Old 02-26-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Check out Poison Spyder Customs, they offer a few bumpers under $400 right now on their website.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

I guess the question is, why do you want a new bumper? Is it to hold an oversized spare tire?

If so, most of the cheaper rear bumpers DO NOT have tire carriers built in. I believe Rancho has one in that price range, but it has not had good reviews.

I went with the OR-Fab rear tire carrier. It bolts into the body (using a special support bracket system) and exists independent of the rear bumper. This allows you to carry a larger spare, but retain your factory bumper, or upgrade your bumper at a later date.

Just some food for thought.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

@gcm 2 thanks for the input, I'll check em out

@whitehorn I already have the tire carrier that attaches to the body, I'm just really looking for a more durable bumper. cause ive noticed when I go offroad, the back bumper always takes a beating, so I'm looking to oust the plastic. I just got In a arb snatch strap and some shackles I ordered, but I don't have anywhere to hook them to my jeep necessarily aside from a hook that seems to be attached the the frame, I had been looking at a smittybilt 76612 but was just checking my other options
Old 02-26-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mbosque09
@whitehorn I already have the tire carrier that attaches to the body, I'm just really looking for a more durable bumper. cause ive noticed when I go offroad, the back bumper always takes a beating, so I'm looking to oust the plastic. I just got In a arb snatch strap and some shackles I ordered, but I don't have anywhere to hook them to my jeep necessarily aside from a hook that seems to be attached the the frame, I had been looking at a smittybilt 76612 but was just checking my other options
Ah! Cool deal... that makes a lot of sense. I just didn't want to try and recommend something that isn't what you are looking for

Well then... since I've bought the OR-Fab front bumper, and tire carrier.... if I were looking for a rear bumper, I'd get this one:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12025_533X_PG.htm

Last edited by u-joint; 02-26-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

That is a fairly good example of what I was looking for! I have been trying to find one that I could get through amazon, some super saver trial option that can save me 88+$ I've seen it cost on shipping other wise :/ but I might just have to suck it up cause I doubt I'll find one cheaper off the net
Old 02-26-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mbosque09
That is a fairly good example of what I was looking for! I have been trying to find one that I could get through amazon, some super saver trial option that can save me 88+$ I've seen it cost on shipping other wise :/ but I might just have to suck it up cause I doubt I'll find one cheaper off the net
You should call our sponsoring vendors directory (Northridge 4x4, Quadratec, 4WD... just to name 3) and they can get you AMAZING deals.

Most/all of them will waive shipping at the bare minimal.... hard to pass those kind of deals up

Quick Reply: Rear bumper