Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear broken axle! How common?

Old 05-26-2016, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear broken axle! How common?

THe reason I ask. I thought I had bent rear axle flange, so ordered 10 factory shafts, and it was not bent! So, should I keep them or maybe sell and get something else. I would love to have spare front and rear axle shafts but, new shafts that might never be used! Should I put in and keep old ones as spares! Can not decide.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'v got the stock shafts just wasting away in my garage since I put the G2 shafts in. Its nice to have a backup set when your out it just takes up space in a Jeep that already has little space to begin with. I say put the good shafts in keep the OEM shafts as backups.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I'v got the stock shafts just wasting away in my garage since I put the G2 shafts in. Its nice to have a backup set when your out it just takes up space in a Jeep that already has little space to begin with. I say put the good shafts in keep the OEM shafts as backups.
I'd be happy to take em off your hands homie (;
Old 05-26-2016, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed ten factory front and rear partly due to have a stronger build when I did the Rubicon last year. I had bent the flange on my previous jeep so I wanted an upgrade.
Replace them and don't look back.

Quick Reply: Rear broken axle! How common?