Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear brake lines rubbing on shocks w/ TF BB

Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear brake lines rubbing on shocks w/ TF BB

Hey Guys, I've had my TF BB w/ 9550 Shocks installed for 30000 miles, I just took my Jeep in for a yearly inspection and failed. They showed me that my rear lines are worn because they are rubbing on the shocks. I took a look and noticed it is worn down to the wire. They quoted $250 to replace with labor. I took it home as is since they had to order the parts anyway and couldnt do it same day.

I figure I can get some stainless steel lines for cheaper and do it myself. Does everything look right with the way the brakes lines are mounted, they do have the extensions installed as well. I cant really move the bracket back or forth due to the rigid brake line that runs on the frame. For now I moved the lines to the other side of the shock but they still rub.

I suppose If I get new longer stainless lines I can remove the TF brake line extension? Has anyone else noticed this with their lift?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	brake1..jpg
Views:	163
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	76177Click image for larger version

Name:	brake2..jpg
Views:	149
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	76176Click image for larger version

Name:	brake3..jpg
Views:	124
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	76178
Old 07-10-2010, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed mine not to long ago and noticed the same thing. Mines not been on long enough to do any damage though. I was looking at longer lines too
Old 07-10-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I split a piece of rubber fuel line and ziptied on my brakelines where it rubbed. Good so far after 50,000m of running like this.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

A) Get new stainless extended lines and call it a day.

B) Bend the factory hardline out of the way and call it a day.

A) $125 and an hour of work.

B) Free and 1 minute of work.

Quick Reply: Rear brake lines rubbing on shocks w/ TF BB