Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Brake line rubbing on shock TF install

Old 01-07-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Brake line rubbing on shock TF install

I don't know how we missed this but installed the lift not too long ago. With the brake line relocation bracket the line is rubbing on the shock on the left side, but not the right side. im not sure how to fix this? suggestions? Im glad i caught this.

it seems the angle in the metal brake line is not in the right direction. i loosened the top nut to see if it would rotate but no luck, and some brake fluid leaked out.

left side rubs - you can see where it rubbed. i pushed it back behind the shock for now

right side does not
Old 01-07-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

MINE DID THE EXACT SAME THING.

Only left side, and mine rubbed the rear of the shock (exact same as yours)

I fixed mine by loosening the brake line bracket (where it is attached to the frame right above the shock) and pushing it as far to the back of the Jeep as possible, then tightening it back up. So far it hasnt rubbed again yet, I have had it at full flex a couple of times and still seems good, try that?

Good luck
Old 01-07-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

cool thanks that did it
Old 01-07-2011, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the crown brake lines and same thing they both rub I just pretend its not happening and carry 2 spares
Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

funny mine looks just like that also...I just wrapped black electrical tape around the line where it was rubbing....good enough for me..
Old 01-07-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There are some posts floating around about grabbing some springs from the hardware store and attaching them to the brakelines. One end on the middle of the line, the other on the undercarriage pulling it away from the shock/coil/whatever it is contacting. This keeps it safe with no chance of rubbing, and lets it extend when flexing.

Seems like a decent solution if you want something more than a few wraps of tape.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I had brackets and the line rubbed , I just split some rubber fuel about 4in long and stuck the line in and zip tied.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Mine did the same thing. I just bent the brake line a little so it didn't rub. Problem solved. Just be careful cuz those lines can break very easily.

Quick Reply: Rear Brake line rubbing on shock TF install