Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Axle shifting side to side to much. Help pls

Old 03-12-2013, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Axle shifting side to side to much. Help pls

I am running the rock krawler 3.5 x factor plus mid arm system. The problem i am running into is when i flex the jeep up. The rear drive shaft yoke smacks the gas tank skid plate. When i flex it out the other way the body of the drive shaft smacks the canister skid. My question is what can i do to prevent this? Any help would be nice thank u.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

limit your down travel. Push the rear axle back as far as you can. Move the evap canister.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

Thank u Dirtman. Is it possible to put a strap on the center of the axle to keep it from shifting to much? I dront want to lose much droop if i can help it.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I would mount a limiting strap at the axle side on the track bar bracket to allow for maximum droop at the wheels while still keeping the axle from shifting. I would make sure you have an after market track bar bracket or brace welded since it is know as a weak point and is know to break loose. An after market driveshaft may give you more clearance as well.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:17 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Nice looking rig btw, if you are ever down in champaign look me up.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

Thank u for the input. It does have the track bar bracket and it is also welded on there so half the battle is out of the way. I will look into the strap idea more. My wife works in champagne and i have a friend that now lives there. I dont get out there that often but when i do i will send u a message in advance.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

We wheel badlands about twice a month over in Attica, IN if you are ever interested in off road trails. Its right at 70 miles from Champaign.

Quick Reply: Rear Axle shifting side to side to much. Help pls