Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear axle shaft advice

Old 03-19-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear axle shaft advice

So I had some bad squeaking and found out my driver rear axle shaft is bent and my calipers moving side to side.

At the moment I am low on funds and trying to weigh the cost of grabbing the single side stocker or going for both aftermarkets. Hopefully someone has them laying around.

Is this normal to happen and I do not really think I have wheeled it very hard to bend the flange that quickly.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyB
So I had some bad squeaking and found out my driver rear axle shaft is bent and my calipers moving side to side.

At the moment I am low on funds and trying to weigh the cost of grabbing the single side stocker or going for both aftermarkets. Hopefully someone has them laying around.

Is this normal to happen and I do not really think I have wheeled it very hard to bend the flange that quickly.
They bend easily, if you can't get a stocker really cheap, go chromo.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I see Superiors and Alloys. Looks like Superiors come pressed and ready to install.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Default Axle

I think the Alloy part no. 12158 is also complete. Just checked...these do not include tone rings or plates

Last edited by xj2000; 03-21-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xj2000
I think the Alloy part no. 12158 is also complete. Just checked...these do not include tone rings or plates
I went with Superior Evos and all the required items like the tone ring so I do not have to retain any old parts. Hopefully these hold up better and solve this problem. I always expected my front to bend first though
Old 03-21-2011, 11:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My rear axle flange was bent. You can get chromolly shafts from northridge. Both sides for the price of one side from the dealer.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggy
My rear axle flange was bent. You can get chromolly shafts from northridge. Both sides for the price of one side from the dealer.
x2
Just got some myself that I'm going to install shortly from David. Foote axles came pressed and ready to go...and at a great price.

Quick Reply: Rear axle shaft advice