Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rear Axle moved after 2.5 BB TeraFlex

Old 09-18-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Axle moved after 2.5 BB TeraFlex

Hi guys,

After installing the TeraFlex 2.5" BB with Shock Ext, I noticed that the bolt of the driver side link is scratching (at least rubbing) at the rim. I did install the new, longer links. The passenger side has a couple inches space.

Then, I looked from tha back and I see that the rear axle is off center. It has moved to the right. While installing the BB I did not disconnect the rear track bar at any time.

Could help me getting it back to center? My Wrangler is waiting to test drive the lift!

Thanks!

Alex
08 Sahara Unlimited
Old 09-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you install the links on the inside both top and bottom? Did you install the rear trackbar bracket?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Unless the trackbar is relocated or gets longer, then the axle will move towards the frame-side trackbar mount when lifted. Think about the geometry when the axle moves farther from the frame... The 4" Tera kit I installed had a relocation bracket that raised the mount location on the axle, which centers the axle.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default should of bought a superlift

shlould of bought a SUPERLIFT 4 INCH ,COMES WITH EVERYTHING U NEED for about 557 to 600 bucks
Old 09-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by hardcoreoffroad
shlould of bought a SUPERLIFT 4 INCH ,COMES WITH EVERYTHING U NEED for about 557 to 600 bucks
Old 09-18-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Jedi Master

Wow, there is a big price difference between a 2.5" budget boost and a 4" superlift.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:46 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

you'll forgive me but the 4" lift in question does not come with adjustable control arms, front track bar drop bracket or dropped pitman arm. for 4" of lift, these would be things that i would require. also, i question their use of a rear track bar relocation bracket that attaches to the axle and while they do work - sort of, i question the use of cam bolts to set your caster. but hey, that's just me.

back on topic, for the price (about half the cost of the above mentioned lift), you can have one of the most complete budget boost on the market today. and in my opinion, that is a bargain.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default How I did it

I did not install the links inside, I installed them outside as the original have been as well.
This still does not explain the axle shift.
I agree to the geometrie theorie, but nobody else experienced this problem before, why me??

Alex
Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Newbie

I agree, but nobody else has the same issue. I never heard about that before at least.

How much is and where could I get the bracket from to extend the rear track bar?

Thanks, Alex
Old 09-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by GrafErz
I agree, but nobody else has the same issue. I never heard about that before at least.

How much is and where could I get the bracket from to extend the rear track bar?

Thanks, Alex
Typically the 2.5" kits will offset the rear axle about 3/4", you can drive it with it that way. Some have found that they didn't even need it, has to do with no 2 JK's are alike. It's part# 1954202 $31.99. You can buy it from any TeraFlex dealer. Did you buy a used kit? I'm curious because these brackets have been included for several months now.

Quick Reply: Rear Axle moved after 2.5 BB TeraFlex