Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rear axle issue

Old 06-03-2009, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear axle issue

I am changing my gears and finished up the front today and started working on the rear. While attempting to remove the rear passenger axle shaft, 2 of the four inner studs spin freely and i can't get the nuts off. The driver side came out fine but the passenger is screwed right now. I can't fit anything in without taking all the parking brake stuff apart, and even If i do, I won't be able to screw it back on if the stud just moves. Has anyone else had a similar issue, and know how much of a pain it is to replace the studs or the plate entirely.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch - that sucks. I haven't changed my axle shafts yet, so I can't be of any help but wanted to give you a bump regardless. Best of luck to you!

Quick Reply: rear axle issue