Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which rear 1" coil spacer - Teraflex or others?

Old 11-08-2013, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which rear 1" coil spacer - Teraflex or others?

After installing a winch and bumper on my 2013 JKUR and seeing how much it sagged the front end I decided to install a 2" Daystar leveling kit. Now, I've decided to install a rear bumper with tire carrier. Like the front, I assume the weight of the rear bumper will cause the rear to sag. I looked online and it looks like 1" Teraflex coil spacers will run me $80 for the pair, but Synergy brand spacers are only $50 a pair. Any any benefit to Teraflex over Synergy?

Anyone know where I could get either brand (or another brand) spacer for cheaper than what I've found?

Here is how she sits today:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3069.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	510325  
Old 11-08-2013, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robjeep95
After installing a winch and bumper on my 2013 JKUR and seeing how much it sagged the front end I decided to install a 2" Daystar leveling kit. Now, I've decided to install a rear bumper with tire carrier. Like the front, I assume the weight of the rear bumper will cause the rear to sag. I looked online and it looks like 1" Teraflex coil spacers will run me $80 for the pair, but Synergy brand spacers are only $50 a pair. Any any benefit to Teraflex over Synergy?

Anyone know where I could get either brand (or another brand) spacer for cheaper than what I've found?

Here is how she sits today:
Wait! Your going to stack pucks?

I don't think that would be a good idea.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

No. I have a 2" spacer up front. Nothing in the rear. I am looking to add a single 1" spacer to the rear.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

The only benefit to the teraflex is that it will give you a lighter wallet.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Haha. That's what I figured. Just didn't see too many people running the Synergy spacers so I thought I would ask.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Synergy was banned from this forum for many years and only recently could you even mention the name. It is also not a product you will find in a quadratec or 4wd parts catalogue. It is one of the top suspension companies and is often over looked on this forum. If you need something for your jeep that is the first place to look for components.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Spacers are (in theory) all created equal. You should be able to actually find the Synergy spacers for cheaper than $50 but they're all the same.

When you get to actual coils is where you'll see a difference in name brand. Some will sag more over time than others....a good example of that is the above mentioned more expensive manufacturer over the latter mentioned less expensive manufacturer. The more expensive of the two took offense when I pointed out that they've got notable sagging issues- albeit they will replace the coils when they sag.

Sorry for getting off topic...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I have used both TeraFlex and Synergy spacers and my experience tells me that Synergy spacers are made with better material. Don't get me wrong I think TF has incredible customer service but when I removed the Synergy spacers after 18000 miles they looked absolutely brand new. After a few miles the TF looked like they had been on a while already. I have also read more then once that TF spacers have torn on people.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Teraflex has funnier videos.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We stock both the Teraflex and Synergy spacers. Either one will work just fine for you. Give us a call and we can help you out.

Quick Reply: Which rear 1" coil spacer - Teraflex or others?