Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is This For Real? Hypertech Programming

Old 04-15-2008, 05:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iva had mine for a while now

the regular setting with regular gas is pathetic!!!!!

i just switched to the premium setting with premium gas and the difference is much more noticable, not sure if its worth the premium gas prices

my guess is ill probably run it on premium for a couple of more tanks then switch to regular

would be interesting if someone tried premium setting with regular gas
Old 04-15-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you buy it AND your happy with it, THEN it's a great deal. Glad to hear the the programmer is working well for you (actual or mindset doesnt matter as long as your happy with it).

And for the haters out there, If you wanted cheap you shoulda bought something else. Rant Over.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepik
... would be interesting if someone tried premium setting with regular gas
I'm guessing that the JK would sense the pinging, the computer would retard the timing to stop the pinging, and you'd lose the horsepower and MPG boosts. So why not run the premium setting all of the time and let the computer handle the timing adjustment? Because you'll have to suffer that pinging briefly at unexpected times until the computer catches up. This is all just speculation, of course.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

After I install my new cat back exhaust system this weekend I think the Hyper Max will be my next purchase. If it doesnt help with the camper towing power that I need I guess the only other option is to save my pennies for the Hesco Supercharger. I'll keep you all posted.

Quick Reply: Is This For Real? Hypertech Programming