Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is This For Real? Hypertech Programming

Old 04-14-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deviant
where did you get yours from and what is the cost?
I just bought one from David at northridge 4x4. He is running a 5% off sale right now on orders over 250. discount code- projectjk https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/time-spur-economy-northridge4x4-5%25-sale-35997/

I paid ~360 shipped
Old 04-14-2008, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

thats good news, havent heard any good news about the engine yet
Old 04-15-2008, 02:53 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Deviant
where did you get yours from and what is the cost?
Northridge4x4. $380.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:00 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Okay, so we get to the restaurant after picking up Curtis and I ask him if he noticed anything different about the Jeep. He looks out the window and I tell him it's not anything he can see. He guesses that it's been reprogrammed. I ask if he noticed any difference while driving it and he says he thinks so. On the way back to the school he says it does seem a bit more responsive. On the way to a Boy Scout troop meeting last night (I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster) there's one particular hill that I have to shift down to climb--to 4th since installing the 33s. Last night I made it in 5th. So, there is a little more "oomph" (sorry for going technical there), but it is subtle. I think that Old_School's comment about making the 4.10s "bearable" is right on.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:12 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Okay, so we get to the restaurant after picking up Curtis and I ask him if he noticed anything different about the Jeep. He looks out the window and I tell him it's not anything he can see. He guesses that it's been reprogrammed. I ask if he noticed any difference while driving it and he says he thinks so. On the way back to the school he says it does seem a bit more responsive. On the way to a Boy Scout troop meeting last night (I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster) there's one particular hill that I have to shift down to climb--to 4th since installing the 33s. Last night I made it in 5th. So, there is a little more "oomph" (sorry for going technical there), but it is subtle. I think that Old_School's comment about making the 4.10s "bearable" is right on.

Any improvement in fuel economy? From what I see in your sig you're not running any air intake or exhaust mods?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:13 AM
JK Jedi

Are you running premium fuel to?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My opinion............ HYP-RTECH ! A lot of the extreme power you people are feeling is wishful thinking to justify the $360 you spent.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would be damned to reprogram anything to use Premium gas with the prices reaching record highs this spring/summer. Enjoy that 4$+ Per Gallon nonsense.

I'll take the slower response cheap stuff, thanks.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by pkdailey4
My opinion............ HYP-RTECH ! A lot of the extreme power you people are feeling is wishful thinking to justify the $360 you spent.
I agree. If anyone is feeling "extreme power" it is wishful thinking. I think that the biggest improvement is in the area of throttle response. And that is a very subtle improvement. Like I explained earlier (perhaps you haven't read through the whole thread, yet?), my son didn't notice any improvement until I told him that I'd reprogrammed it.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Are you running premium fuel to?
Regular. As for gas mileage, I've only put about 40 miles on the JK since the reprogramming. And, since I've recently installed 33s, trying to compare gas mileage before 33s and after, with after being on an improperly programmed computer (for tire size), any gas mileage numbers I could provide would be suspect for the purposes of saying the Hypertech does or does not improve gas mileage.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 04-15-2008 at 04:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Is This For Real? Hypertech Programming