Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is This For Real? Hypertech Programming

Old 04-14-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts
Default Is This For Real? Hypertech Programming

Okay, got the Hypertech programmer from Dave at Northridge4x4. Just did the "install" (what I would have always called a firmware burn, but everyone else is saying "install"). And took the JK for a short drive. Throttle seems more responsive. I press and I go right now, I release I don't go so much right now. I like that. The last leg of the short drive I pushed to redline. Wow, was it really that quick? Is it just me, or do the rev's come a lot faster after the firmware burn? I'm going to pick up my son from his school to take him out for his birthday (he lives at his high school for really smart kids). I think I won't tell him about the firmware burn and see what his reaction is when he drives the JK tonight.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah I have mine prog for premium fuel and boy is the difference noticable right away, actually have pick up down low now, try taking it on highway and see the pick up from 55-80 area, its like a different engine
Old 04-14-2008, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you look at the torque specs on the graphs that they have, the numbers look really good. Especially down low. I was looking at this too.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey mark that is great to hear! you'll have to let us know what happens.. way later in my mods i'd like to get one of those.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice to know, this is on my want list
Old 04-14-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkob1060
yeah I have mine prog for premium fuel and boy is the difference noticable right away, actually have pick up down low now, try taking it on highway and see the pick up from 55-80 area, its like a different engine

So, do you have it programmed for premium but actually run regular? I've heard several people talk about this but some seem to be running premium and others regular but have it programmed for premium.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Junkie

Thats great to hear Mark! I just ordered one and Im looking forward to getting it even more now
Old 04-14-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I noticed a difference after the install. It made my 4.10's bearable for now. I am running regular fuel at 5280-13,000 feet elevation. I need all the help I can get.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gointoheli
So, do you have it programmed for premium but actually run regular? I've heard several people talk about this but some seem to be running premium and others regular but have it programmed for premium.
No I am running premium fuel, its not so bad in NJ, I was in pa over weekend and it was 30cents more a gallon
Old 04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Okay, got the Hypertech programmer from Dave at Northridge4x4. Just did the "install" (what I would have always called a firmware burn, but everyone else is saying "install"). And took the JK for a short drive. Throttle seems more responsive. I press and I go right now, I release I don't go so much right now. I like that. The last leg of the short drive I pushed to redline. Wow, was it really that quick? Is it just me, or do the rev's come a lot faster after the firmware burn? I'm going to pick up my son from his school to take him out for his birthday (he lives at his high school for really smart kids). I think I won't tell him about the firmware burn and see what his reaction is when he drives the JK tonight.
where did you get yours from and what is the cost?

Quick Reply: Is This For Real? Hypertech Programming