Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is this for REAL -- How to adjust a Trackbar?

Old 03-27-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this for REAL -- How to adjust a Trackbar?

So I'm in the process of looking for a stronger front trackbar. I'm reading the directions how to install the Teraflex Monster Forged, and am now wondering if this is the same technique to use on other trackbars like Full Traction or JKS; and am also wondering if this is really how to center the axle and adjust the trackbar accordingly!? (I have a 2" BB by the way)

Enlighten me, please!

Here are the exact directions:

1.Remove the stock track bar.

2. Bounce the vehicle up and down several times to bring the axle centered under the vehicle. It may be helpful to use a ratchet strap to pull the axle to one side or the other to center the axle

3. Install the axle end of the track bar to the axle bracket with the factory bolt.

4. Adjust the track bar length so the frame end bracket lines up with the flex joint on the new adjustable track bar and tighten the jam nut on the joint.

5. Install the frame end bolt and torque both bolts to 110-120 foot pounds.

6. Grease both end joints now and every 3000 miles.

Is it that easy!?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's pretty easy. Just take a measurements on each side, from the frame to the tire to make sure your axle is centered before you tighten everything down for good.

I used a JKS bar and it was adjustable on the axle end.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks. Hey, did you use thread locker (glue) when tightening the trackbar? Just curious because I know when I installed my disconnects I had to use thread lock glue as they kept vibrating off on the trails. Last thing I want is the trackbar coming loose on the road or trails.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Torque both ends to 125 ft/lb and u don't need thread locker, just retorque after the first 50 miles then after 500 and then every 3k. When u retorque, just loosen, rock the jeep back forth side to side and tighten back down to 125.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ssunde1
Torque both ends to 125 ft/lb and u don't need thread locker, just retorque after the first 50 miles then after 500 and then every 3k. When u retorque, just loosen, rock the jeep back forth side to side and tighten back down to 125.
Thanks for the insight.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:06 AM
JK Newbie

I installed my front and rear like Zerodown mentioned worked like a charm. Mine was not far off so I could just push on the jeep and my brother pushed the bolt in place. I have checked twice and all is good.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by jessmcquaid
I installed my front and rear like Zerodown mentioned worked like a charm. Mine was not far off so I could just push on the jeep and my brother pushed the bolt in place. I have checked twice and all is good.
X2. We just pushed sideways on the Jeep and the holes for the front trackbar lined up. Which is exactly what the TF install instructions for the lift said to do.

Quick Reply: Is this for REAL -- How to adjust a Trackbar?