Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ready to start my build... But questions

Old 03-17-2016, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to start my build... But questions

I have a 2011 jku sport. Wanting to go Teraflex 2.5 with 35's and rear bumper with carrier. Soon after I will replace the front bumper and add a winch. I don't want to put the front bumper on and go "shit! Now the front is two low"! What is the best option without needing to swap out drive shafts and other equipment. I've researched a TON! But still can't decide. And I absolutely want it to be leveled out. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-17-2016, 11:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Unfortunately, the best option is to wait until the coils are in and all the weight is bolted on. That way you can determine what size spacers to add to get you back to the height you want. Otherwise, you are just guessing. Or going by what worked for someone else - which may not work the same way for you...

For the driveshafts, there is more than just lift height to consider. It could also just come down to plain ole luck, as there have been posts from people with 2.5" lifts who needed to replace them.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Add a 1" spacer
Old 03-17-2016, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What Nthinuf suggests. Too many variables. Place front spacer IF needed after everything is done and settled.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone
Old 03-17-2016, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeremi414
I have a 2011 jku sport. Wanting to go Teraflex 2.5 with 35's and rear bumper with carrier. Soon after I will replace the front bumper and add a winch. I don't want to put the front bumper on and go "shit! Now the front is two low"! What is the best option without needing to swap out drive shafts and other equipment. I've researched a TON! But still can't decide. And I absolutely want it to be leveled out. Thanks in advance!
I have a 2.5" TF coil lift with a rugged ridge stubby bumper w/ mini stinger and a winch.......coils haven't sagged at all.

I did however tear the boot on my front driveshaft.........tore it once I disconnected and took it offroad
Old 03-17-2016, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

I would add the weight, and then do the lift, if possible, or else you will end up having to readjust multiple times with different spacers as you add weight.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 03-18-2016, 05:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeremi, don't worry about sagging. I've had the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift for years. No sag, and plenty of extra weight on my JK. Great set-up, enjoy it.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks again everyone. My brother has a teraflex leveling kit. He was wondering if he swaps to a 2.5 coil lift like me if the 1" rear spacer from the leveling kit could be used in the front of mine if needed with a heavy bumper?
Old 03-21-2016, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremi414
Thanks again everyone. My brother has a teraflex leveling kit. He was wondering if he swaps to a 2.5 coil lift like me if the 1" rear spacer from the leveling kit could be used in the front of mine if needed with a heavy bumper?
Teraflex are known for their great customer support. To be confident of an answer, I'd ask them. https://teraflex.com/contact_us

Quick Reply: Ready to start my build... But questions