Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ready to order tires idk what to go with??

Old 02-07-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How hard are you going to play off road? The tires should be picked with trail conditions in mind. I know the trails in my neck of the woods, that a mud terrain is preferred over an all terrain.

But don't settle. Get the exact tire you want, whether it is a Duratrac or something else.

Dick Cepek are good tires BTW. They are made by Cooper, and never saw a Cooper off road tire that wasn't good. I run Mickey Thompsons, which are also made by Cooper.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

if thats the tire you want than go for it, if your supplier of choice is out of stock find another with them in stock and ask them to price match , most will do that
Old 02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

km2's would be my choice.
waiting on a backorder blows but just think, you will be driving them for years. worth a week or 2 of waiting
Old 02-07-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adrom
i have trail grapplers. they are the quietest mud tire ive ever seen. do great off road and behave well. if you like the dura's though, i would wait
Hey Adrom what size are you running. I am a total daily driver with rare occasions of wheeling but these rubbers are some of the best looking ive seen. Hows your gas mileage you lose a lot? They just dont look like theyd be that quiet!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

i live in a similar climate to you. nextdoor neighbour is the atlantic ocean, lots of snow. get the duratracs. all the guys here proclaiming the km2's live in non-snow climates. siping is what you need for the snow and ice. get the duratracs, they're worth the wait. i have them and I absolutely love them. they've been very very good in the snow and ice this winter.

Quick Reply: Ready to order tires idk what to go with??