Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Re-gearing options - Specific question.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I'd like to point out, i was right for once
so.... there is a first time for everything?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Not available , trust me.

NO 5.38's for the dana 30

David
I believe you. That site was pretty misleading, though.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dana 44's

I wasn't sure if it was going to take the 5.13 or the 5.38's as it is not a rubicon. As I understand it you can't get past a certain size on the unlimited x's... I'm sure some of you could correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll take it into mepco ERRRRR Teraflex and have them take a look at it as well. I did elephant hill in Moab this weekend and it did fine with the stock gears, but the drive out and back to SLC was not an easy one... Plus 15-16 MPG doesn't cut it on the freeway for me. I want it back up to 18-19 minimum.

Thanks again for the feedback... Anymore takers on the question relating to the damage that can be done to the clutch/tranny/engine when running 3.13 or 3.73 gears on 37'' tires?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you'll just experience premature wear and tear from the added stress on the driveline, at least until you re-gear...but, you might want to consider beafing up that front D30 with gussets and tube inserts

Quick Reply: Re-gearing options - Specific question.