Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Re geared. Jeep in limp mode. Please Help!!

Old 01-04-2014, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKphotoshoot
A good shop would have known that before even swapping out gears. Instead of leaving you stranded waiting for something else to come in to fix it.
Yes very good point. This dealer came highly recommended from a rep ratable 4x4 shop in my area that no longer does lockers and gears. Im a little nervous about the gear change and lockers. Hope it all works out. I will know Tuesday when i go back to pick my jeep up.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

So how does the AEV Procal know to re program the gearing. All you do is plug it in and it does it all on its own. I see with the speedo change with larger tire size, the back of the pro cal has buttons to set. But is that the same way with the regear.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Each setting requires the dip switches to be sequenced per the instruction sheet.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

So if your re programming your speedo due to larger tires and re programming for the re gear, you have to do it twice? Because the clips have to be up or down in a sequence for the larger tires but I haven't seen how to do it with the regear as well.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes. Separate step for every change made in the computer.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4x4fn
So if your re programming your speedo due to larger tires and re programming for the re gear, you have to do it twice? Because the clips have to be up or down in a sequence for the larger tires but I haven't seen how to do it with the regear as well.
Correct! The procal is removed after you program. Set the dip switchs to the gear ratio you have on the chart plug in the obd2 port turn the key on and the horn beeps twice. Then set the dip switch to your correct tire size plug it in then horn beeps x2. Measure the tire from the ground to the shoulder not the advertised size or your speedo will be off 2-5mph

Last edited by egeli; 01-04-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by egeli
Correct! The procal is removed after you program. Set the dip switchs to the gear ratio you have on the chart plug in the obd2 port turn the key on and the horn beeps twice. Then set the dip switch to your correct tire size plug it in then horn beeps x2. Measure the tire from the ground to the shoulder not the advertised size or your speedo will be off 2-5mph
Sounds pretty simple Thanks!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep is fixed and back home. The aev procal fixed the limp mode. Was able to re program for the larger tires and the re gear. Jeep runs great.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4x4fn
Jeep is fixed and back home. The aev procal fixed the limp mode. Was able to re program for the larger tires and the re gear. Jeep runs great.
cool. did the guy say what you need to do to break in your gears? i hope he didnt leave that part out to
Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Monte417
cool. did the guy say what you need to do to break in your gears? i hope he didnt leave that part out to
No he didn't. I read somewhere about 500 miles for break in but not sure if there is anything specific that needs to be done.

Quick Reply: Re geared. Jeep in limp mode. Please Help!!