Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Re-gear for 33's?

Old 06-04-2010, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2 door 6 speed with 33's and 3.73. I have enough extra weight on mine to make up the differance of the 4 door. The jeeps gets around great up to 65 mph. With the wind out here in Wyoming with the hills and such, it makes 80 about max speed with current power. The power programmer should work good for you for your rig and driving with that tire size with no regear. I myself am going to get bigger tires and will regear to 4.88 atleast since these engines do like to rev.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6spd - 3:73 gearing 33x12.50R17 STT's - it was alittle sluggish compared to the Duellers32x10R18's

Added the superchips (87 Octane Tune) & Airraid CAI - this woke up the motor, took away the boggy start off's and gave me some extra grunt for hill climbs

2 months ago....Added Lod Mid-width front bumper & rear tire carrier as well as a Warn XD9000i winch - with the Superchips 87 tune and CAI - it seems like it's right back to stock feel. However, it's not terrible but when I tune my JKU back to stock before dealership warranty work it is down right slugglish!

The nice thing about the 6spd you can rev it a little higher and select your gears for highway hill climbs or passing, as I couldn't imagine how much shifting an Auto would do around my area If I had an Auto I would be looking at 4:56 or 4:88's with 33's
Old 06-08-2010, 03:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hunty's Jk

Originally Posted by WhiteNoise
BTW, hunty. Your rig looks great.
Thanx white noise - Jeeping is my passion! - I hope you get your gears sorted and BTW if you are ever in OZ - your welcome to take my jk for a spin - (right hand drive should freak you out a bit LoL)
cheers Hunty

Quick Reply: Re-gear for 33's?