Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Re-Centered H1 Wheels and Military Goodyear Radials

Old 12-06-2009, 05:24 AM
MJ
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Centered H1 Wheels and Military Goodyear Radials

Who is running them?

How do you like them?

How are they for a daily driver?

I am looking to buy some, so advice from people who actually have them would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

Old 12-06-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

So is your plan to go with the 8-bolt pattern? Wheel offset also looks wrong.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:05 AM
MJ
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
So is your plan to go with the 8-bolt pattern? Wheel offset also looks wrong.
No, my plan is to go with the re-centered 12-bolt H1 wheels.

The pictures above are only examples of: (1) A re-centered H1 wheel; and (2) a Military Goodyear Radial.

I would obviously get 5x5 wheels that would fit on my JK.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:20 AM
MJ
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
a couple things.

1. you want to eliminate the magnesium run flat inside. they make polymer replacements that will work. the reason is if you air down you can tear your tires on the rocks.

2. those gy's aren't that bad. there's a guy in my club that runs em and they worked ok.

3. i'm a fan of the h1 beadlocks
Thank you!

The guy selling them is TrailWorthyFab.com ...

Here is what they do:

Supply you with the stock 12 bolt wheel, cut out the stock centers on a waterjet, supply you with pressed centers, rock rings, fab them up, blast them, powder coat them, new o rings, PVC inserts, new valve cores, and mounted 37" tires.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:56 PM
MJ
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
Does he press and re-weld the centers in for you? or is that up to you?

they MIGHT be difficult to balance... i'm not really sure. the people i know that run them don't DD them. they're heavy... but they are a really nice beadlock (both beads).

he already provides you with the insert so youdon't have to worry about the mag center...

i've heard you can do that with tires for under 1500 bucks... seems reasonable to me.
Yes, he welds in the new centers. Everything arrives assembled and ready to stick on the Jeep.

Does anybody on here have actual experience with either the wheels and/or tires?

Thanks again!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:30 PM
MJ
JK Enthusiast

There has to be somebody on here that is actually running these!?!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man the first image is sweet, I have had a couple of H1's and always wanted to put the h1 beadlocks on my trail rig.

The 16.5 wheels (if that is what you are looking at which I believe all of the genuine h1 beadlock rims are) come in limited tire sized and the regular military 37x12.50 never impressed me. They did just start making MTR's for the military in 16.5 but last time I checked they still weren't available to the general public.

here is a shot of my hummer with non beadlocks at 7psi. Granted an H1 is heavy but look how easily the tire folded and it hardly has sidelugs and causes it to lose traction.

Here is my other H1 with 16.5 beadlocks and at first I ran the runflats. Never needed them (no one was shooting at me!) and eventually removed the internals. The Super Swampers worked ALOT better because they BIT on the sidewalls and offerred way more flotation. They were really EXPENSIVE COMPARED TO THE GOODYEAR MT'S THOUGH. (AND WORE FAST ON ROAD)

I wheeled with a guy that had them on his crawler and they later featured it in Peterson's!!! He swore by them!

Old 12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 12 bolt hummer wheels are nice. Much stronger than the older 8 bolt ones.

However, they are extremely heavy once you add the inserts and everything (56 pounds each for just the rim and insert) Then you add a heavy 37 inch tire, and you can easily be up around 125lbs each. If you go with Toyo's or a bias ply some day, you can move that up to around 150 pounds.

My point is thats a lot of weight for a 5 lug pattern. I personally would not run them on anything but an 8x6.5 or a 6x8.75 (Rockwell).

But looking past that. The goodyear radials that come on the hummers are decent at best. However, you can typically get them for dirt cheap. Which makes them attractive when compared to typical 250-300 dollar 37" tires.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

is anybody running these on jks?

Quick Reply: Re-Centered H1 Wheels and Military Goodyear Radials