Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RE bushings ???!!!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE bushings ???!!!

So I took my rubi back to my shop to have EVO gussetts welded on. Come to find out after checking everything out, ALL my RE bushings are split, cracked and basically DONE. Come to find out, they were crappy bushings to begin with. Went to Rubicon Express to bitch and complain and was delightfully surprised that they gave me all new "better quality" rubber bushings. Long story short, RE makes a great lift and they stand behind it. Anyone have any issues just give em a call.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there done that. They said they had a bunch maid with the wrong compound. So I got the new ones for free too. I’m ok as long as these last longer than 11 months.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fitzb
So I took my rubi back to my shop to have EVO gussetts welded on. Come to find out after checking everything out, ALL my RE bushings are split, cracked and basically DONE. Come to find out, they were crappy bushings to begin with. Went to Rubicon Express to bitch and complain and was delightfully surprised that they gave me all new "better quality" rubber bushings. Long story short, RE makes a great lift and they stand behind it. Anyone have any issues just give em a call.
hope you get good at replacing bushings because the ones you had didn't just fail because they were made from a bad rubber compound. that may have been the case if you had a short arm kit but, your problem comes from the fact that you have radius arms and, if you flex your jeep, you'll keep blowing out bushings.

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-18-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Quick Reply: RE bushings ???!!!