Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RE 4.5 issues

Old 08-01-2008, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutts08JK
AZ Bulldog
I noticed on your signature you are using 40's will the 4.5 lift clear them?
Ummm.... Kind of. They clear just fine for driving on the street but not for wheelin'. I'm changing over to a coilover setup, I offered my 37's to a board member a lil' too soon so I'm just letting the Jeep sit in the shop till I get it done...

Originally Posted by BradOB
Anyone know what their pinion angle is at? less or more than the driveshaft?
Brad, sorry I haven't responded as I didn't notice this thread had any action. Although I don't remember where the pinion is set as we did it last year.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BradOB
The square ends on the x member were too big to let it fit up into the stock mount. The stock mount is curved and the x member pushed against the curved part before it was in far enough to put the blots in. Drivers side only.
Had to put a 45 deg angle on the sharp edges of the x member.
I see what you mean. I also had some issues with the attachment point (drivers side) for the transfer case skidplate, had to cut the rear lower arm frame bracket to make it fit... And these brackets have a story of their own. The drilling was killing me! And also on the drivers side, the brake lines passed where one of the bolts would go through. And they wouldn't fit snuggly over the frame either, so I had to hammer them in.

I ended up using 3 out of 4 bolts on both sides, and welded the entire bracket to the frame.

Well, lots of unnecessary thinking and modifications, but after all I'm very pleased with my RE kit!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, i'm pleased with the way it turned out as well. But they could have made it a whole lot easier.

Last edited by BradOB; 08-05-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Did any of you guys have to cut the threads on the adjustable ends of the control arms?

Mine won't give me enough adjustment to align everything correctly.

I think I may have a 4 door kit?!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

No, at least I didn't have to...

Quick Reply: RE 4.5 issues