Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RCV axle comes with grease marked "external use only" ???

Old 03-11-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe they changed some things around. I just looked at the grease provided from mine last year and it is just a high performance grease, no rcv label or anything. I'm just telling you that I followed step by step instructions from rcv and did not deviate and I remember greasing the splines and the shaft with the provided grease.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mechanic who did my install put the tube in a grease gun for me and gave it to me explaining that the grease is very expensive and about every six months to grease the ends.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKDakotaEd
My mechanic who did my install put the tube in a grease gun for me and gave it to me explaining that the grease is very expensive and about every six months to grease the ends.
One more thing, I'm not sure if he greased the shafts with this grease, but I'm sure any grease would work for that.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wwiifirearms
I guess I just had a hard time believing we have come to the point that we need to tell people not to stick CV grease inside their bodies. I thought they couldn't seriously feel the need to put that in large print, so I thought I must be missing something. Maybe in other parts of the country this is a big problem, but in the midwest I haven't seen a lot people eating or otherwise placing automotive grease in their bodies.
-wwiifirearms
if it is on the label, then you know someone has tried

Quick Reply: RCV axle comes with grease marked "external use only" ???