Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC2.5 Coil Lift

Old 09-14-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have put about 3000 miles on my RC lift and went offroading once so far. I was impressed for the cost of the lift. It works great for those without large pockets. Im running 305/70/17 with no spacers and it works great. I am running the rear track bar bracket. if your looking for a decenct quick disconnect I also got that through RC and havent had any problems.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ej428bj
I have put about 3000 miles on my RC lift and went offroading once so far. I was impressed for the cost of the lift. It works great for those without large pockets. Im running 305/70/17 with no spacers and it works great. I am running the rear track bar bracket. if your looking for a decenct quick disconnect I also got that through RC and havent had any problems.

I am interested in the disconnect. It's on my list of wants for this Jeep. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

any long term updates with the 2dr models on the 2.5 rc springs sagging in the rear?
Old 12-23-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by last5liter
any long term updates with the 2dr models on the 2.5 rc springs sagging in the rear?
Mine is doing well at about 4000 miles. I'm still glad I went with the RC.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robert
Mine is doing well at about 4000 miles. I'm still glad I went with the RC.
how much lift did you get?
also have your driveshafts been fine?

really want a coil lift but am afraid of it lifting way more then 2.5" and running into driveshaft issues.....its my dd so reliability is key, my mustang is the toy that can be out of comision if need be.....
Old 12-24-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by last5liter
how much lift did you get?
also have your driveshafts been fine?

really want a coil lift but am afraid of it lifting way more then 2.5" and running into driveshaft issues.....its my dd so reliability is key, my mustang is the toy that can be out of comision if need be.....
Mine is the 2.5 spring lift with 2.2 shocks. No drive shaft issues at that height. Brake line extension or relocation is the only "extra" I've noticed my Jeep needed with this lift.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robert
Mine is the 2.5 spring lift with 2.2 shocks. No drive shaft issues at that height. Brake line extension or relocation is the only "extra" I've noticed my Jeep needed with this lift.
So did you extend or relocate the brake lines?
The RC PDF install instructions mentions unbolting them when taking the oem coils & shocks out but does not mention anything else as far as bolting them back in when putting in the new RC coils & shocks.

Also
I'm not completely tuned in about the track bracket option. If you don't buy it, will you eat universal joints or something?
Old 12-24-2009, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

Default u can make em cheap

i got my brake relocation bracket for like 2 dollars at lowes, it to easy the RC dissconnects are ok, i would rather have JkS
Old 12-24-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

Default rear track bar

you need it or jeep will sit offset
Old 12-24-2009, 10:14 PM
JK Newbie

I have the same lift! i have about 7000 miles on it now. Still is perfect! I get a whole lot of flex out of this lift! I bought a rear brake line bracket to extend the lines which is nice. I just leave my front swaybars d/c. I'm debating d/c the rear.

Quick Reply: RC2.5 Coil Lift