Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC new lift with N2.0 shocks

Old 12-31-2011, 04:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC new lift with N2.0 shocks

Mabye these aren't even out yet, but I was wondering if anybody has this lift? I am looking to get a softer ride out of my Jeep, and was wondering about this. Man the price is right.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

This requires a little guessing but are you talking about the RC 3.5 inch series 2 lift kit (has N2.0 shocks)?

If so, I'm running that kit. It's very complete and the ride is slightly better than stock onroad. I wouldn't call is smooth. You still feel most bumps and dips.

I only have two gripes: the springs sag under the load of aftermarket bumpers, winch and etc. I'm running closer to 3 inches at the front, 2 inches in the rear. Working with RC to see if they can help out with this. The lower control arms are prone to squeaking too. Be sure to grease the bushings during install.

But overall it's very complete and does everything I want it to do onroad and off.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

This is the kit I was referring to. My Skyjacker springs and shocks are uber stiff, so If this rides anywhere near stock it will be a major improvement over what I have. Does the rear coil spring correction wedges have some sort of spring retainer incorporated into it? I was looking at the pics on their website, and it looked like it bolted in the center of the coil mount over the spring. Does that make sense?
Anyway, You are saying I would probably need a 1" spacer in the front to compensate for my bumper and winch?
Thanks for the help.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KCTW
This is the kit I was referring to. My Skyjacker springs and shocks are uber stiff, so If this rides anywhere near stock it will be a major improvement over what I have. Does the rear coil spring correction wedges have some sort of spring retainer incorporated into it? I was looking at the pics on their website, and it looked like it bolted in the center of the coil mount over the spring. Does that make sense?
Anyway, You are saying I would probably need a 1" spacer in the front to compensate for my bumper and winch?
Thanks for the help.
The rear spring correction plate just sits on the spring mount on the axle, and the spring just sits on the plate itself. Theres nothing holding it in except the spring itself.
I have the same kit and havent had any issues with the coil correction plate moving or comming out.

The pic you're reffering too sounds like the bumpstop on the front springs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	spring.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	256702  

Last edited by Croce; 12-31-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Quick Reply: RC new lift with N2.0 shocks