Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC long arm upgrade

Old 02-09-2013, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC long arm upgrade

Anyone running these arms? I know people are gonna trash RC but I'd rather hear from people who have this kit. I've been looking to upgrade to a long arm kit and the price on this kit makes it tempting. I haven't seen any other long arm kits use radius arms front and rear.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My buddy had a rc kit. It worked great. Just make sure that all items are included when comparing prices. Rc are famous for excluding certain important items needed to complete your system to keep the price in the magazines down. Quality wise they are good.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Long arm upgrade specifically? I already have aev 4.5" lift that handles great and performs well. I'm just looking for the long arms

Last edited by Hammerstien; 02-09-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

I don't have this kit, but I had a 4.5" kit on my XJ and the 3.25" on my JK. Both have been excellent and their customer service is second to none!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If you have the AEV already, I would not mess with it. or take it all off and get a full blown long arm kit installed. after seeing the aev lift in action, its one of the best all round lifts available.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
If you have the AEV already, I would not mess with it. or take it all off and get a full blown long arm kit installed. after seeing the aev lift in action, its one of the best all round lifts available.
Aaaahh its ok. I've squeezed all the travel I can out of this kit. Ill admit it performs well but not great. I've wheeled the sh!+ out of it and a lot of the complaints I've heard about are indeed false but its definitely not a GREAT kit. I love the coils and I've done my homework. Will definitely be going long arm just looking for an opinion on the RC radius arms. Thank you though
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ordering the 6" kit next week.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TEXASJK
Ordering the 6" kit next week.
Lemme know and get me some pics of the arms installed!

Quick Reply: RC long arm upgrade