Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC 4" lift/discos and TF bumpstops

Old 02-16-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC 4" lift/discos and TF bumpstops

Does anyone that is running the RC 4" lift with 35's have clearance issues with the stock fenders at full flex with the swaybars disconnected. Since I've added my discos it does seem to be really close when flexed. I haven't really wheeled hard since I put on the discos and I'm worried that the shock bumpstops will not be enough at full flex. I will probably be picking up a set of Teraflex bumpstop extensions before hitting the trail next month just to make sure. Would anyone know if these will work and should I get front and rear.

Last edited by hammerhead; 02-16-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya they will work... But the question is how bad are you rubbing? Like is it just touching at full flex, or is it more like your ripping off the fender?

If it is just touching at full flex i wouldn't worry to much about it.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

The tires haven't touched yet but it's almost rubbing. I not sure if I was even at full flex so that has me concerned. I think I need 3" extensions in the front and back for the 35's.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had mine fully flexed out after the 4'' rc lift and 35 were installed to check clearances and it does touch the inner fenders but is not enough to rip off the outer fenders.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by illinoisoffroader
I had mine fully flexed out after the 4'' rc lift and 35 were installed to check clearances and it does touch the inner fenders but is not enough to rip off the outer fenders.
some thing like that I wouldn't worry about but a 3in bump stop would probably do the job..

( where in IL are you from?.... )
Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

yeh i dont like the RC lift due to that and they claim there shocks ares made to act as bumpstops but im not a big fan of that and i like having bumpstops to stop the srpings from over compressing
Old 02-16-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

ya i agree but its not that big of a problem to fix all you do is add the bump stops...

Hows the 4ft whip.... How is it mounted??? On the tail gate?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in Granite City its like 5 Min. from downtown St.Louis I havenet had a problem with the rc lift and its affordable. I think there was a post somewhere on here about thier springs sagging and thier shocks bieng junk but no problems here yet.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have seen those post also but the sagging problem is coming from the 2.5 coil lift.... I dont think I have read anything bad about the 4in kit.. When I do my lift I plan on going with the RC 4in X-series lift.... Is there any thing els you would suggest with the lift?

Im from way north about 15 min from the Wisconsin border... you go to the badlands at all?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought the 4'' lift i think it lists fore $499 and when I bought it i also bought the sway-bar diconects and the single steering stabilizer then later bought the second optional dual steering stabilizer which if you figure the prices on their site if you buy them separate its cheaper. also if you buy the base 4'' kit and find the part # for the control arms in the PDF for the other kits you'll find out that they jack the price way up for all 8 which are like 200 bucks or something like that. Hope this helps. And I havent made it up to badlands yet buy i'd like to.

Quick Reply: RC 4" lift/discos and TF bumpstops