Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC 3.5" full lift.... Is it worth it??

Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rsbmg
Here is 97 pages of people with RC lifts. Best to get opinions from folks who actually have the brand. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...ur-pics-34056/
I bet a majority of those people have not ran anything else besides RC or ridden in anything besides a Jeep with RC. They don't know what else is out there and probably think all jeeps ride the same.

It's best to get opinions from people who have ran a bunch of different brands and tested out each one.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:26 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Not sure what you think a deal is, but I would not run that kit if it were free.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meep97
I bet a majority of those people have not ran anything else besides RC or ridden in anything besides a Jeep with RC. They don't know what else is out there and probably think all jeeps ride the same. It's best to get opinions from people who have ran a bunch of different brands and tested out each one.

I was just tell the wife that in a way. Told her we would probably think it's fine, but have nothing to compare it to.

I'm gonna pass on the sale and stick with the TF 2.5" coil lift
Old 01-22-2014, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Scvette01
I was just tell the wife that in a way. Told her we would probably think it's fine, but have nothing to compare it to. I'm gonna pass on the sale and stick with the TF 2.5" coil lift
if you're really wanting to upgrade, find a local club and see what people are running and if they'd let you take it for a spin or at least let you go along for a ride.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meep97
I bet a majority of those people have not ran anything else besides RC or ridden in anything besides a Jeep with RC. They don't know what else is out there and probably think all jeeps ride the same.
Well I guess they are happy then.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

I bet he's selling the lift cause his wife cannot stand how bad the Jeep now rides.

I personally would stay away from Rough Country and spend the money in a better kit. You'll be happier I think.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 while crawling over mini trucks.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scvette01
I was going to do a coil 2.5" from teraflex. But local jeep guy has a 3.5" full RC lift for sale, with track bar and RC disconnects. He wants $400 for whole package. Only on jeep for couple of weeks before he realized it was to tall for his wife. I'm debating if I should get it cause it's a good deal... The lift (with shocks) goes for $500 alone. I don't wheel much here in stl. Mainly weekend cruiser and vacation out west vehicle. Out west we'd wheel 1, 2 and maybe 3 rated trails. Cause we do have to drive back home. Ours is a 2012 auto, have 35"s and chopped fenders. I just don't want to open Pandora's box on going this high in a lift. Also we do have ACE bumper and might do which... So not sure on sag in future. Pass and stick to originally getting TF or grab this deal and hope for the best?? Thoughts ?
I have run both these kits. The RC kit was a very harsh ride. The springs sagged and shocks leaked. I am still running the RC front lower control arms and had to replace the bushings 3 times. I will be replacing them with either the metal cloak arms or synergy. RC has great customer support though. As for my current teraflex lift no complaints at all. Is it the "best" lift? Probably not but I have had my lift on my 2010 and 2012 over a 3 year period with no second guesses what so ever. The ride is a lot better and the coils don't sag nearly as much. The shocks are extremely underrated by people on the forums. The 2.5 lift is also a very complete lift. You will want to add front lower arms and an adjustable trackbar to fine tune your front end but that's it. I have run all tires from stockers to currently running 37s so it's versatile in terms of tires you'd like to run

Quick Reply: RC 3.5" full lift.... Is it worth it??