Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC 3.5" full lift.... Is it worth it??

Old 01-22-2014, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC 3.5" full lift.... Is it worth it??

I was going to do a coil 2.5" from teraflex. But local jeep guy has a 3.5" full RC lift for sale, with track bar and RC disconnects. He wants $400 for whole package. Only on jeep for couple of weeks before he realized it was to tall for his wife.

I'm debating if I should get it cause it's a good deal... The lift (with shocks) goes for $500 alone. I don't wheel much here in stl. Mainly weekend cruiser and vacation out west vehicle. Out west we'd wheel 1, 2 and maybe 3 rated trails. Cause we do have to drive back home.

Ours is a 2012 auto, have 35"s and chopped fenders.
I just don't want to open Pandora's box on going this high in a lift. Also we do have ACE bumper and might do which... So not sure on sag in future. Pass and stick to originally getting TF or grab this deal and hope for the best??

Thoughts ?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ruff Country

If this is Rough Country... skip it. you get what you pay for.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Scvette01
Only on jeep for couple of weeks before he realized it was to tall for his wife.
He probably realized how rough of a ride it was. What lift did he reinstall? Was it another RC?
Old 01-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I would go with the Teraflex. Once the RC lift sags, they will be the same height anyways..
Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
I would go with the Teraflex. Once the RC lift sags, they will be the same height anyways..

I like my RC 3.5" Lift. Yes the ride is a little rough but its a great kit for the price IMO. RC will also replace any sagging springs and i believe it has a lifetime warranty.
This is one of the few kits around this price range that comes with new control arms which is why i bought this over any other kit
Only suggestion i have is to get an adj trackbar instead of using the drop pitman arm and front trackbar bracket that came with the kit
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-99884945.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	525522   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-431114167.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	525523   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1179859553.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	525524  
Old 01-22-2014, 10:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Croce
RC will also replace any sagging springs and i believe it has a lifetime warranty.
Idk about you but I wouldn't want to replace my coils every 6 months.

It's amazing how any people replace their parts under warranty. That's got to be costly for RC. Seems like if they made quality parts the first go around they wouldn't have near as much warranty issues. But who knows, maybe they have a weird fetish for replacing parts under warranty.

But then again, if they made quality parts, their prices wouldn't be what they are.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by meep97
Idk about you but I wouldn't want to replace my coils every 6 months.

It's amazing how any people replace their parts under warranty. That's got to be costly for RC. Seems like if they made quality parts the first go around they wouldn't have near as much warranty issues. But who knows, maybe they have a weird fetish for replacing parts under warranty.

But then again, if they made quality parts, their prices wouldn't be what they are.

Ive had the kit for 2+ years with a smittybilt bumper and winch and still haven't had to replace the springs yet.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is 97 pages of people with RC lifts. Best to get opinions from folks who actually have the brand.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...ur-pics-34056/
Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

If I could go back in time to when I was lift shopping I would've waited to save up for a kit that was actually worth something. I have the 4" basic kit and I feel like I'm driving a wooden wagon on the Oregon trail. Don't make the same mistake I did and cheap out for instant "performance."
Old 01-22-2014, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TaylarsJK
If I could go back in time to when I was lift shopping I would've waited to save up for a kit that was actually worth something. I have the 4" basic kit and I feel like I'm driving a wooden wagon on the Oregon trail. Don't make the same mistake I did and cheap out for instant "performance."
This made me laugh out loud hahah

Quick Reply: RC 3.5" full lift.... Is it worth it??