Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rc 3.5

Old 07-25-2012, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 12HTownSahara
Are you doing that because you don't like the way it handles or rides? I've gotten a lot of mixed opinions on the subject of replacing the track bar. I guess I'll just have to see for myself and experiment alittle.
When i installed my kit i couldnt get the pitman arm off so i had alot of bump steer, Not sure if that would still happen if using the drop pitman arm.
but the main reason to use the adj trackbar is so that theres not additional stress on the sector shaft/steering pump which is caused by using a drop pitman arm
Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Croce
When i installed my kit i couldnt get the pitman arm off so i had alot of bump steer, Not sure if that would still happen if using the drop pitman arm.
but the main reason to use the adj trackbar is so that theres not additional stress on the sector shaft/steering pump which is caused by using a drop pitman arm
Other than saving a couple of bucks, is there any advantages to running the drop pitman arm/bracket ??
Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dadgniel
Other than saving a couple of bucks, is there any advantages to running the drop pitman arm/bracket ??
From what i've read, The drop pitman arm/trackbar bracket is used in place of an adj trackbar to lower the price of the kit. i cant really see any advantage using those over an adj trackbar other than bring the cost down

Last edited by Croce; 08-29-2012 at 10:55 AM.