Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC 2.5" Progressive Coils

Old 03-15-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
progressive coils will give you a nice ride on pavement, they will allow you to load up your jeep without too much sag and they'll work well when going fast on desert roads but for rock crawling, you will find that they limit the amount of stuff you have. for me, this is a problem as a lack of stuff will make you feel tippy. just something you should take into consideration.
Im curious who has experienced this first hand? Ive done a bit of rock crawling with my previous rigs and I currently have the RC 2.5 springs on my JK and have not experienced the lack of stuff or tippy feeling. just curious who has.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default reply to bumpy ride

From what i have read and heard, the loss in ride quality by adding lift pucks is due to ur higher center of gravity, and the fact that ur springs are still the same length as before. They are pushing back on the pucks, instead of the body of the jeep. Adding longer springs retains contact with the body and the longer length compensates for the higher center of gravity. I could be wrong though, its just been my experience that BB over 2 inches can effect the ride quality.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

I love it. I love the ride and it gave me more than enough room for the 35's. I thought that it looked a little dopey with stock tires.
With lift and 35's:
Click image for larger version

Name:	latest lifted 002.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	20818
Old 03-16-2009, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Several guy's in our local club have installed the 4" kits. The ride is a bit stiffer on them but no complaints other then that. No one has complained about lack of Stuff either.
We do mostly rock crawling and trail riding at Superlift ORV Park.

I have the 2.5" Teraflex BB with shock extentions and I think the ride is exactly as stock. I didn't notice anything different when installed with the stock rims/tires. This is one of the reasons I went with a BB since it was the wifes DD at the time and low cost.

Ours is no longer a DD and Id now like to upgrade to a full 2.5 to 3" coil lift to gain the extra flex offroad.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK...now I'm confused...I was originally gonna go with a BB but because I do some moderate rock crawling, I though that a coil lift would be a better way to go. This is also my daily driver and I plan to upgrade my 32's to 33's with a 2-2.5" lift of some kind..just don't know what now. I like the stock ride and hope to maintain that if possible.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think mire rides better than stock, but on the chance that it was just me lovin' my Jeep, I had my wife drive it. I still have the stock tires
She commeted that the ride was better, she thought that it was firmer, but that the bumps did not seem to jar her as much (may be due to the 2.2 shocks vs the Gas shocks that were on it)
I don't do rocks, but I am taking it offroad this weekend, we will see how it does
Old 03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with the coils and new shocks. Neither one is going to ride "bad"
Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Steering Geometry

I noticed that this kit has no provision to correct the steering geometry. Is anyone running into issues, especially with ESP?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

I dont have any probs with steering or ESP. Did you center your steering after the install if needed?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had to mess with mine this week just a touch, mad a differnce with ESP kicking on on Exit ramps. If it's not dead center it will eventually kick on if you have lifted your jeeps. I got my tires balanced by two different places, finally for them right, no more shakes at 50 Lookout...Some mechanicswill lie to you...

Quick Reply: RC 2.5" Progressive Coils