Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC 2.5" Progressive Coils

Old 03-14-2009, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC 2.5" Progressive Coils

Anyone want to chime in on their experience with the Rough Country 2.5" progressive coil lift? I would like to know how the ride is with them (if progressive springs are really that great) and how much lift you got out of em. Any pics would be a bonus too! I tried doing some searching and came up with limited info. Just looking for a bit more.
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

progressive coils will give you a nice ride on pavement, they will allow you to load up your jeep without too much sag and they'll work well when going fast on desert roads but for rock crawling, you will find that they limit the amount of stuff you have. for me, this is a problem as a lack of stuff will make you feel tippy. just something you should take into consideration.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Smile thanks!

Thanks for the reply WOL, my jeep is a daily driver and the budget boost i have on now has a less than desirable ride. Plus im not much of a rock crawler, i prefer the beach and simple trails so progressive coils may be a good option.
Anyone else feel free to chime in with their thoughts/experience
Old 03-14-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2 on what WOL said. Progressive coils are a nice design, and I almost went with that kit, but I dont want to change my stock ride, and i am going with Teraflex's basic BB kit for that reason. (that, and id rather use my OEM shocks til they wear out since I already paid for them) THEN upgrade to some 2.5" longer monotubes.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:13 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dmbalzer
Thanks for the reply WOL, my jeep is a daily driver and the budget boost i have on now has a less than desirable ride. Plus im not much of a rock crawler, i prefer the beach and simple trails so progressive coils may be a good option.
Anyone else feel free to chime in with their thoughts/experience
for your purposes, these may in fact be a good fit for you.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

I'm running the same set up and happy with it. The ride was a little more rough then it was stock though. After I upgraded the tires it rides a lot smoother.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I installed this kit last weekend with their 2.2 shocks. Quite happy with it for our purpose, it is the wifey's DD. The ride is comparable to stock, yet less mushy, less body roll and brake dive. The slightly harsher ride on my rig comes from the 10 ply tires is installed, still toying with air pressure on the Nittos. Here is before and after, the tires are 275/70R18 Terra grapplers, which are 33.4x11.25x18.
Click image for larger version

Name:	JK lift 001.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	20697

Click image for larger version

Name:	JK lift 007.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	20698
Old 03-14-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been running this kit for a few months now. It leveled the JK out. rides very well on and off road. The quality and powder coating is very good. In my experience (30 years) of running Jeeps with lifts, this is one of my favorites. There are a few of us around here running this kit, and I don't think anyone has had any issues. You can also add disco's down the road, if you feel you need them. Talk to Ben at RC, excellent customer service and you get the JK-forum discount. My JK is my daily driver and I have no regrets at all about this kit. Good luck.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

Default reply

thanks for the info guys. Seems like a good economical option. Does anyone have any pics of this lift on a 2dr with stock tires? or something close. Ive noticed alot of ppl adding 3/4 inch spacers on top of the coils, are the coils not giving the full 2.5 inches?
Old 03-15-2009, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmbalzer
thanks for the info guys. Seems like a good economical option. Does anyone have any pics of this lift on a 2dr with stock tires? or something close. Ive noticed alot of ppl adding 3/4 inch spacers on top of the coils, are the coils not giving the full 2.5 inches?
Here you go. With the stock size P225/75/17.

Quick Reply: RC 2.5" Progressive Coils