Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC 2.5 Lift Settling?

Old 02-26-2014, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC 2.5 Lift Settling?

Put my RC 2.5 lift on my JKU about two weeks ago. Just got back from a 12hr round trip to my in-laws and thought the rear looked like it was sitting a little low. Broke out the tape measure and sure enough the rear is sitting at 37.5" while the front is 38.5". I plan to call RC today but wanted to check with you guys first to make sure there isn't anything I need to check. I did the install myself, so I'm just trying to avoid looking like an idiot on the phone. I know people have complained about RC "settling", but within two weeks? I did pull an EMPTY trailer back on the trip and had a couple of suit cases in the back. I could understand if it was sitting a little low with everything in it, but not 48hrs after the fact. All tires have proper air in them as well.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kylelever
Put my RC 2.5 lift on my JKU about two weeks ago. Just got back from a 12hr round trip to my in-laws and thought the rear looked like it was sitting a little low. Broke out the tape measure and sure enough the rear is sitting at 37.5" while the front is 38.5". I plan to call RC today but wanted to check with you guys first to make sure there isn't anything I need to check. I did the install myself, so I'm just trying to avoid looking like an idiot on the phone. I know people have complained about RC "settling", but within two weeks? I did pull an EMPTY trailer back on the trip and had a couple of suit cases in the back. I could understand if it was sitting a little low with everything in it, but not 48hrs after the fact. All tires have proper air in them as well.
did you take before measurments? I ask because I measured my teraflex 2.5 right after I installed it and the rear was one inch lower then the front. that may be how it is when it is level if you look at my jeep it looks level.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where on the Jeep are you taking your measurements?
Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Where on the Jeep are you taking your measurements?
Bottom edge at the center of the fenders. I guess I was hoping someone with an RC lift could give me their measurements. I didn't measure mine after the lift was installed.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

After a year and a half, my 2.5" RC lift is down to 1.5". Somewhere around here is a diagram that shows you where to measure from on the spring perches, and the stock lengths. I never had sagging issues on my TJ, but on my JKU, with the 'newer springs' they sagged. Maybe its because I never really wheeled my TJ beside moderate trails, and a beat the hell out of the JK.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is the diagram to measure stock height but its only for the front.

Fenders have never given me an accurate measurement. I usually use the pinch seam under the door(s) and make sure you park on a level surface.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MEASURELIFT.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	533609
Old 02-26-2014, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Need to measure on the frame. Under doors its flat. With my RC 3.5 lift ive 41" to fenders front and rear but frame is lower in front meaning its not level. Front should prob be around 41.5-42 to have frame lvl
Old 02-26-2014, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ill measure the pinch seams at lunch. See if I can get a more accurate measurement.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Measured the pinch seems and frame at lunch. Everything looks pretty close to level. I guess the rear fenders sit a little lower tricking my eye into thinking it isn't level. I guess it might have had a little rake to it and now that it has settled a little Im seeing it. I can see a 1" puck in my future with my rear bumper. Thanks for the help guys!!

Quick Reply: RC 2.5 Lift Settling?