Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC 2.5 inch coil lift with 2.2 shocks OR Zone 3 inch kit with shocks?????

Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC 2.5 inch coil lift with 2.2 shocks OR Zone 3 inch kit with shocks?????

So help me out guys I'm about to make a purchase and have narowed it down to these. With both kits I will be ordering a new adjustable front track bar. Any help hints and advice??? Also I will be installing myself?? Maybe lol?? So tell me if you have done either one of these kits if it's hard?? The kits I feel from my research are both middle of the line and around $500. So please debate? Thanks
Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

i've got the rc on my 4door no complaints. the zone 3' i have on my 2door only complaint i have is on the steering stablizer (junk) and shortly i'll upgrade to the billstein shocks. all in all they're both pretty good if i go bigger than the 3" i'm going B.D.S. (lifetime warranty on all parts)
Old 04-13-2012, 02:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pretty suprised I get advice on someone with both lol...love this fourm...anyways did you install either or both of the kits? If so how was it?? Also did you get the adjustable front track bar? Thanks man

Originally Posted by BIGag
i've got the rc on my 4door no complaints. the zone 3' i have on my 2door only complaint i have is on the steering stablizer (junk) and shortly i'll upgrade to the billstein shocks. all in all they're both pretty good if i go bigger than the 3" i'm going B.D.S. (lifetime warranty on all parts)
Old 04-13-2012, 04:23 AM
JK Newbie

i would actually recommend the rough country 3.25.... it is just as easy to install as the 2.5 and not much more expensive and gives u added clearance... make sure u have a buddy with you to help... me and one of my friends got mine installed in about 3 hours and this was with drinking involved... good time and fun bonding with my stepson.... im trying to turn him into a jeeper, he already asks if he can have my jeep when he is 16 (only 7 now) and if he sees anything with jeep he wants to buy it.. lol.... if u have any questions about the install let me know....
Old 04-13-2012, 06:34 AM
JK Junkie

I know RC has awesome customer service. They also have a rep here to answer any questions.

Installing coil lifts are all pretty much the same process. Not too difficult, especially if you have a friend. I took a 2.5" lift off my Jeep in about 45 mins, super rush. Install normally takes between 2-5 hours depending on having the right wrenches easily findable and going through he checklist of torquing all he bolts.

Personally, I'd also go for the RC. Maybe bump up to the 3.25, just to be different.

No offense to Zone, just never had dealings with them.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

My vote is for RC, simply because that is who I have the most experience with. I've been running the 2.5" BB for a few years, recently added JKU rubi springs and gained another inch, and have been very happy with it.

A couple weekends ago I helped a buddy install the RC 3.5" lift....really a great lift for only five hundo. That's what I would suggest, as it includes both front and rear track bar brackets and lower front control arms to correct caster. Simple to install with a floor jack and some jack stands. I would plan for 5-6 hrs, took us about 8 though because his Jeep came from Michigan and just about every nut and bolt was rusted.....

Give Ben a call.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

I'm really glad to see all of the RC support! I just installed their 2.5" coil lift and I love it. Great stance and great ride. The 3.25" is simply the 2.5" with .75" spacers so it would be an easy upgrade down the road. Like you guys have said, great lift for the $, and their customer service is fantastic.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

i was wondering about the zone lifts as well. i have heard it is basically rebadged BDS stuff. Again what i have heard. Also i have heard lots of good stuff about it, when i asked on another form for information.

Quick Reply: RC 2.5 inch coil lift with 2.2 shocks OR Zone 3 inch kit with shocks?????