Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC 2.5 coil lift with 1 inch coil spacers

Old 11-07-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC 2.5 coil lift with 1 inch coil spacers

Hey fellow jeepers I have a quick question. I have the rough country 2.5 coil lift and I was thinking on adding 1 inch coil spacers all around. Will I be fine doing this or will I half to replace a lot of stuff? I have a 2 door ruby (auto) with aev front bumper
Old 11-07-2013, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Other than that everything else is stock
Old 11-07-2013, 11:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Caster will be lower, causing flightier steering. If you don't like it, add some form of caster correction. Brake lines will be stretched tighter, be sure to check them so you don't rip one off the frame. Axles will be shifted further to one side. If it bugs you, look into different brackets or adj track bars. Higher chance of driveshaft contact or joint problems. Check clearance, and keep an eye on the joints. Steering angles will be steeper, do some reading on flips just in case you decide to go that route. Whatever else I forgot to add.

Don't know that you will have any of those issues, just things to keep in mind when lifting higher.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

What about a 1 inch body lift? Same issues or a different story?
Old 11-07-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I added spacers to my TF 2 1/2 lift . While I can't speak for the RC lift, I found I was a bit more bouncy with the spacers. You should also think about using spring tie downs to prevent your springs from coming out of the perches when rock crawling.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:05 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRubicon17
What about a 1 inch body lift? Same issues or a different story?
No, a body lift lifts the body up off the frame, it has nothing to do with the suspension. Higher center of gravity, something to keep in mind for those off-camber situations. Some 6spd folks complain about the shifter after a body lift, so read up on relo brackets for that if you have a manual. Depending on height and body color, the gap from lifting the body may be more noticeable. RC makes a good body lift, as it includes the shift bracket for manuals, and also brackets to raise the rear bumper.

But, why do you need the extra height? Would chopping the fender flares or going to flats work for you, instead of adding height?
Old 11-07-2013, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

We'll I have the aev front bumper and all the chopped finder don look good with it and I just want some extra clearance with the 35s and factory flares

Quick Reply: RC 2.5 coil lift with 1 inch coil spacers