Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RC 2.5" BB vs. OME 2"

Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the same situation you are in but I'm going to end up doing the 4" R.C. Its about the same price as the OME but its $545 shipped to my house. I'm sure that a 2.5 B.B would be enought of a lift for me and I figure if 2.5" is enought then 4" will be more then enough. I don't plan on really pushing it past those limits as mine is a DD as well.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

My vote is for the OME... I just got back from Moab a week ago and not only did it handle everything that I threw at it, but it also made the 3000 mile trip to and from very comfy...

I paired it with Currie front and rear adj track bars, and Currie end links... I did discover that the rear Currie end links are a bit too long when using the factory Rubicon wheels, but if you're planning on aftermarket wheels it won’t be an issue...

But if you never plan on go any bigger with your lift in the future, save yourself the money and just swap your factory rear links up front, and get adjustable for the rear. In my case I ended up switching them at 6:00 am the morning I was leaving for Moab... This is when I discovered that the Currie rears were just a tad to long... I had the JK really loaded down, and the first left turn that I made the Currie rear was just nicking the wheel weight on my factory wheels... I knew it was a tight fit when I installed them, but I thought I could get away with it; but with 5 people in the JK and a carrier in the receiver hitch it was just enough to make it rub... Even though when I install them originally they just cleared the wheel, but I didn't account for the wheel weight...

This is a pic from when I did the original install; as you can see it is was a tight fit... And to tell you the truth I knew better than to even use them, but they are such a quality piece that I thought I would give it a try. I am going to keep the rears just in case I ever decide to go bigger! Like I said, I ended up just using the Currie frt adj on the rear and using the rear factory up front... This seemed to be a perfect match.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Here are a few poser shots... Hells Revenge and Steel Bender if my memory serves me!

Old 06-27-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Nice! Just did Hell's Revenge for the first time this past memorial day weekend. Awesome trail. Stock Rubicon passed with flying colors
Old 06-27-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

RC lift is just as good, i've tested it on and off road. Easy to install, rides like stock, good price... Here's a video http://youtube.com/watch?v=0ow0-ISSYqw
Old 06-28-2008, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Go with the OME. You get you pay for with the OME lift.

Last edited by IMFletch; 06-29-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 PM
JK Freak

If there is one mod you don't want to cut corners on, it's the suspensions. OME has been around for ever, they have the best reputation, they built a great product that works great off road and on and in the 2 to 3 inches suspension, they are simply the best. I used to have OME on my Land Rover, and as soon as I buy my Rubi, my first mod will be to put the OME suspension on...
Old 06-29-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vote of the two you list:

OME
Old 06-29-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default just a thought

Spacers of all brands aren't too complicated so they sometimes don't get the respect, but just a thought........

spacers allow you to use factory springs which are designed, engineered, and tested by Jeep/Chrysler when the design and engineer your vehicle.

no discredit to OME, they make great product, but it you need to save a little dough, don't sweat it, by doing so you are getting to stick with stock components that have been tested and proven.

If you are going to load down your Jeep with lots of extras, bumpers, winch, etc..... than the OME makes sense, otherwise I'd get the spacers and feel good about knowing who built and tested the springs I'm riding on.

Quick Reply: RC 2.5" BB vs. OME 2"