Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RBZ radio help

Old 04-20-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RBZ radio help

Have been searching ever since I bought my RBZ radio off eBay. So far it works great but I have two questions

1. It says Chrysler on the splash screen and I would like to get it to say Jeep

2. How do I get songs saved to my HD? I have several songs on my iTunes that I have tried to but on using a USB flash drive and just plugging my idle vice up to it with no luck.

I bought it with the intention of getting a lock pick and using a backup camera and using the DVD feature for the kids. Thank you for any help you can give.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First things first: if you don't already have one, download a PDF of the RBZ user manual from here: Owners - Quality - Media Center 430 (RBZ)

You'll see on the cover that it applies to all Chrysler brands, including Jeep.

Re: your question #2: make sure you are connecting your USB device to the USB connector on the face of the head unit, and not a secondary USB port in the console. You can only copy to the HDD from the faceplate USB. Also, your USB device (flash drive, portable HDD, et al) and the files on it must be in a format supported by the head unit.

From the above user manual, p. 76: USB Connector: It is possible to copy audio files or pictures files to the radio Hard Disk Drive, or play audio files directly from the USB device just like a music disc. The USB connector is covered by a small cover, which protects the connector from dust or damage. NOTE: USB devices (e.g., camera memory USB adaptors, etc.) must comply with the MSD (Mass Storage Device) standard. This USB terminal can provide power to the inserted device. The current draw from these devices must be limited to 500mA or less. The transfer speed for this USB connector is approximately two megabytes per second. MP3 player devices cannot be controlled through the USB connector. Some player devices save music files in other formats, which cannot be played in this radio. Some copy-protected music (e.g., downloads from the internet) cannot be played on this radio. Compatible Devices: Please see your authorized dealer or visit http://www.chrysler.com/owners for supported devices.

Since you mentioned iTunes, I presume you have an iPod. You may not be able to copy music files from it, unless you make it a mass storage device (i.e., looks like a portable HDD to the head unit) in iTunes. And I also don't know if the HDD will copy AAC (iTunes-format) audio tracks. I've only used WMA-format tracks. You could always try it and see.

Refer to the instructions starting on p. 48 for managing content (music and image files) on the HDD: copying to, playing, deleting from, editing, etc.

Re: your question #1: I don't know if you can change the splash screen without having the unit reprogrammed by a dealer (good luck with that), maybe not even then. But you can change the image displayed on the right side of the screen during normal operation, by following the instructions starting on p. 61. Maybe if you find and replace the Chrysler "vehicle brand logo" stored on your HDD, that may replace the splash screen image, as well, but I doubt it. If not, you hopefully got a great deal on the head unit buying it from eBay, and those savings will console you whenever you see that startup splash screen.

Good luck!

Last edited by JAustin; 04-21-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Quick Reply: RBZ radio help