Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rattle under the Jeep

Old 01-18-2015, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wsullivan1221
The rattle in the rear part are usually either from the heat shield or something lose inside the muffler (typically on the stock muffler), I've learned from experience and reading all around to find a solution. The current rattle I have is directly in the center of the underbelly, right where the transmission or primary muffler are. It gets loud at like 1300 - 1500 RPM, very annoying and dealership denies hearing it
Is the exhaust touching the crossmember at all? I hit a rock and put a small dent in the crossmember on my 14 JKU that caused a rattle when I drove under 2k RPM. The dent was on the driver side and the exhaust was pretty close to the crossmember that you could barely slide a piece of paper between the two. Thanks to another Jeeper who heard a recording of the noise, he told me how to fix it which was to put three washers under the bolt of the passenger side of the crossmember and that got rid of the rattling.

Quick Reply: Rattle under the Jeep