Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Raptor style grille lights

Old 01-15-2014, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what I did with mine. Used a quick connect from radio shack and spliced them into the passenger side turn signal. That way if I have to take the grill off, just quickly unplug them. And it also makes it look factory. The LEDs draw such little amperage that you won't blow a fuse. I have 14 superflux LEDs wired into the interior dome light loom and have never had a problem.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mic212s
Thats what I did with mine. Used a quick connect from radio shack and spliced them into the passenger side turn signal. That way if I have to take the grill off, just quickly unplug them. And it also makes it look factory. The LEDs draw such little amperage that you won't blow a fuse. I have 14 superflux LEDs wired into the interior dome light loom and have never had a problem.
Thank you!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

But wait.. won't they then blink on/off when you use the turn signal? How did you get around that? Thanks
Old 01-18-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

I used a 12v tester to determine which wire did what. You'll have 3 wires, ground, white, and white with a tracer. I can't remember which white wire is the running lights, but if you just turn on your parking lights, hit the wires with a tester, then turn on the blinkers and check them again. Good luck!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Holy cow - 14 LEDs off the dome light? I know they don't pull a lot of power - I'm curious what all you have lit up. I'm looking to add a few lights myself so I'm checking out a lot of different threads for ideas (and tips/tricks of course!)

Anyone do up a light colored Jeep? - the dark colors look good, wonder how well they show up on other, lighter colors.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

I'm writing a thread on it now.. I can't get the photos to load though... I don't want to jack anyones thread.
But for now, here are some good threads I used
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...hts-~~~-94632/
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...ighting-61034/
Old 01-20-2014, 01:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm writing a thread on it now.. I can't get the photos to load though... I don't want to jack anyones thread.
But for now, here are some good threads I used
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...hts-~~~-94632/
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...ighting-61034/
Thanks - I've scoped the "Footwell Lighting" previously and I'm checking out the other now. I'll have to do some studying before I hack into my electrical. Recently learned how to solder too, so I'm gaining confidence with electrical in general. Big fan of "measure twice, cut once". I think that applies even more so to electrical.

Roger on not wanting to jack someone else's thread. PM me if/when you do your write up. I'd like to see what you've done. (I haven't tried attaching any photos to a thread yet, so I'm no help there).

cheers!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did the grill light mod this past weekend. Along with the mesh mod and plasti dipped grill. Got 3/4 inch amber leds at oreilly and they work sweet.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 02-02-2014, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks..

Thanks to all for the info and assistance. I completed the mod today and it looks great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	r1.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	528373   Click image for larger version

Name:	r3.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	528374   Click image for larger version

Name:	r4.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	27.4 KB