Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho tubular 1/2 doors & Jeep's door open/closed sensor

Old 06-06-2015, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho tubular 1/2 doors & Jeep's door open/closed sensor

I've been searching all over but all of the threads are out of date and none answer this question...

with the Rancho tubular 1/2 doors, the ones with the sunshade panels, does the door still close the contact telling the Jeep that the door is closed?

i would love some firsthand feedback on these doors

there are so many out there, Ace is working on a design but off-road season is upon us and I don't want to wait much longer...

thanks

matthew
Old 06-06-2015, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

When you remove the full doors you disconnect the wire harness and you will not get the door open on dash. Also won't have interior lights when opening doors
Old 06-06-2015, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by richlortz
When you remove the full doors you disconnect the wire harness and you will not get the door open on dash. Also won't have interior lights when opening doors
Thank you

not sure how my alarm will deal with that...

its just oust that I want to go a lot of the time with half doors and the alarm on the doors is a decent deterrent against what some cops refer to as "honest thieves"

especially on on the way to Jamborees and other off road trips with a lot of gear in the Jeep

matthew
Old 06-06-2015, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use metal chain around my Body Armor doors with a padlock under the front seat. The lock connects the chain from the front door and back door. I got the idea from robsjeep9. Doors could still be stolen, but should stop the "honest" thieves.

I also bought the Tuffy rear security deck. Gives a little more sense of security for gear.

Last edited by Broncorif; 06-06-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Broncorif
I use metal chain around my Body Armor doors with a padlock under the front seat. The lock connects the chain from the front door and back door. I got the idea from robsjeep9. Doors could still be stolen, but should stop the "honest" thieves.

I also bought the Tuffy rear security deck. Gives a little more sense of security for gear.
Im not so worried about the door theft, it's just that the doors are your first line of defense for a quick snatch and grab, plus I have 37's so when they jump up on the Jeep it's enough of a jarring motion that it should trip the alarm...

just dont like uncertainties so much

i know it's a trade off having open air motoring vs buttoned up tight with the full doors and even the hard top on

at least I'll have to keep my Jeep cleaner to avoid being a litter bug with debris flying around!

matthew

Quick Reply: Rancho tubular 1/2 doors & Jeep's door open/closed sensor