Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho+Teraflex=?

Old 09-07-2018, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho+Teraflex=?

I've got a '14 JKU with 89Kmiles and it's time for a little TLC on the suspension. I currently have the Teraflex budget boost/leveling kit with longer sway bar links. I'm looking to soften things up with a 2" Rancho progressive spring lift with RS9000 shocks as I've heard this is a good way to go for a comfy ride. My question is this: What are your opinions on combining the two? I want to keep the current rake with a little lift so I think the two might work well together.

Thoughts?
Old 09-07-2018, 07:45 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Coils with spacers on top works fine, lots of people go this route.

Except ... you want to end up at 4+ inches, but with a complete lack of any and all additional components that most people want for that lift height? That about sum it up? Your caster will be low, causing flighty steering. Both axles will be shifted further to opposite sides. Both swaybars will be angled down, causing a greater likelihood of flipping around and pretzling the links. Steering angles will be steeper, possibly causing bumpsteer. Shocks will be short and always extended, limiting downtravel. Whatever else I didn't think of. It's good to get a handle on what the components do, and how they can help as lift height increases.

Last edited by nthinuf; 09-07-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Rancho+Teraflex=?