Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho RS9000XL Shocks for 2" Lift

Old 12-20-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho RS9000XL Shocks for 2" Lift

I'm looking into getting new shocks to go with a 2" BB for my JK. I don't really have the money to buy the shocks that I want and the BB kit at the same time, so I was wondering if it will be possible to put on new shocks now and get the budget boost later?

On Quadratec, the site says the Rancho RS9000XL front shocks can be used on a vehicle with 0-2" of lift. That would mean that I can put the front shocks on before installing the lift kit (am I right?) But for the rear shocks, Quadratec only says that the shocks can be put on a vehicle with 2" of lift (not 0-2" of lift.) So is it impossible to use 2" longer shocks on a Jeep that hasn't been lifted yet? Would it do damage to the rear shocks or the Jeep?

Would it hurt to put on the new front shocks and wait until I install the BB to put on the new rear shocks?
Old 12-20-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My $.02

I would wait until you get the lift and then get the 4" for the front, especially if you do much off-roading. The longer shocks will allow more down travel without bottoming out as long as you have the lift. The 2" longer shocks in the rear should be OK even if it is not lifted, especially if you do not do much off-roading. The only danger is bottoming out if you get the longer shocks without lifting your jeep.

I think if you get the 0-2" front shocks and the 2" rears you would be fine running stock.

Quick Reply: Rancho RS9000XL Shocks for 2" Lift