Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho rs5000 shocks rusting issue??

Old 03-19-2016, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than the rust how are the shocks? Thinking about giving them a shot
Old 03-22-2016, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarpenterJK07
Other than the rust how are the shocks? Thinking about giving them a shot
other than the rust the shocks are great but then again I'm only comparing it to my stock shocks. Not too stiff like I'm gonna shake all the fillings outta my teeth and not too soft like I'm on a boat going through 30 foot swells. I think I'll give the 9000's a try for my next set but I hear some people have issue with the adjustment knob seizing up.

Quick update though, sent an email to a Rancho rep and he got me setup for warranty on the one shock where the boot is rubbing. Better than nothing I suppose and I'll definitely be a returning customer but this time I'll be using some of that Fluid Film before installing. Checked my front shocks and there is rust but not as bad as the rears.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any of the white shocks out there should be cleaned, scuffed, painted, and have a few layers of clear added..... if you live up here in the rust belt.

If you live in Arizona or someplace where rust doesn't seem to live.... ignore this entire thread full of posts.

Quick Reply: Rancho rs5000 shocks rusting issue??