Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho rear tire carriers.....

Old 05-23-2013, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho rear tire carriers.....

What's everyone's thoughts on these tire carriers? Worth the money? And for those of u with heavier tires and rims(100 lbs)(eg. 15" rock crawler rims and 35" toyos)
Any help would be great in my final decision to go ahead with purchasing one👍
Old 05-23-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

For the price we like it.Nothing fancy here it does the job.If you don't like noise,rattles don't get this carrier.Holds up well to 37's
Old 05-23-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by familytime
For the price we like it.Nothing fancy here it does the job.If you don't like noise,rattles don't get this carrier.Holds up well to 37's
It does the job at a great price, It suits my style perfect, Ive learned how to wheel it without dragging the back half of my Jeep off of rocks or obstacles, some feel the exposed rear corners is an issue but I don't, and I have a 37 mounted to it no problems or rattles for me...

Click image for larger version

Name:	backbuilt2.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	460966
Old 05-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We have two.
One can "rattle" a bit (the old style), P/N RS6221B, for the price REALLY tough to beat.
The new style is pretty rattle proof. (P/N RS6235B), I run this on a 37" spare. I hear the hi-jack in the mount a bit, I don't lock it down....
Both are made in the USA.

Last edited by Rancho; 05-23-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rancho
We have two.
One can "rattle" a bit (the old style), P/N RS6221B, for the price REALLY tough to beat.
The new style is pretty rattle proof. (P/N RS6235B), I run this on a 37" spare. I hear the hi-jack in the mount a bit, I don't lock it down....
Both are made in the USA.
What about weight? Will it support a tire over 100lbs? Also, where in Canada (southwestern ontario to be exact) are they sold? Your dealer location Rancho sucks and is clearly outdated.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:22 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mechano
What about weight? Will it support a tire over 100lbs? Also, where in Canada (southwestern ontario to be exact) are they sold? Your dealer location Rancho sucks and is clearly outdated.
Our tire/beadlock combo is over 100 lbs.
In regards to our dealer locator we are actually updating it now, it is not fun calling over 2000 accounts just in the US!

Large shops can order this easily.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default options

I have a 35 on the stock mount using a Terraflex setup that means I don't have to open two things to open the tailgate.

it's a huge piece of aluminum that replaces the stock tail gate supports.

it's not cheap, but with a 35, I have ZERO tailgate rattles. All I can hear is the rain drops on the soft top. I am very satisfied w/this product.

I had a tire carrier before, and yes, for a 37+ and heavy off road use, they are the best way to go. For my occasional use I'm glad to only have to swing open 'one' thing to open the trunk.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

True that for sure. But I do do a lot of wheeling. I also like the aspect of a tire carrier for 1 main reason. We do a lot of bushwacking around here and night wheeling so there is much more potential to back into stuff (!?&$ happens) but at least the carrier isn't connected to the body which can cause all kinds of nasty on impact. My theory or take on this anyways. Love the teraflex design, just not for me. Thanks for the reply tho!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mechano

We can get it ant any Canadian Tire or Part Source. Also anyone who can get from keystone can get it for you. Which should be any off road (or any custom car shop for that matter) in Ontario.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using JK-Forum
Old 05-29-2013, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigRich

We can get it ant any Canadian Tire or Part Source. Also anyone who can get from keystone can get it for you. Which should be any off road (or any custom car shop for that matter) in Ontario.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using JK-Forum
So outta curiosity Iain , did u ever happen to price it out at crappy tire? If yes, how much we're they selling it for?

Quick Reply: Rancho rear tire carriers.....