Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho Rear Off-Road Bumper with Tire Carrier

Old 09-02-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Rear Off-Road Bumper with Tire Carrier

Does anyone have any firsthand experience on this product? I'm looking to replace my stock rear bumper with this if possible. Thanks in advance.

Here's the link to a product description:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12148_200.htm
Old 09-02-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heres one guys take on it.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=rancho+bumper
Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi Master

Also, use the search feature and type in"rancho bumper"
Old 09-02-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Also, use the search feature and type in"rancho bumper"
There is definitely some threads on this already. However, here's my two cents: I bought this bumper/tire carrier about 10 months ago, used for just under $300. It serves it's purpose of holding my 35" spare tire on steel wheel. As far as I can tell, the only rattle I'm getting from it is the closure pin that now tends to jump up and down in it's sleeve...I've eliminated the rattle on the underside with some weatherstripping, but now I've got to figure out how to pad the top-curved part of the pin from bouncing on the top of the bumper.

There is no corner protection with this bumper, but I plan on fabricating some type of corner guards to eliminate this potential problem.

All in all, I'm happy with the bumper/tire carrier for the price and it certainly serves it's purpose. I had no issues when installing it. The only thing that was just a little bit tricky was getting all 4 bolts into my aftermarket receiver hitch, but this was easily overcome.

I would recommend this bumper to anyone not wanting to spend the high dollars on the other options out there, or those that don't want to wait for the funds to be available for those higher dollor units.

As some people have said in other threads...you get what you pay for...it's not super pretty and doesn't offer some of the protection that the others do, but it certainly serves its purpose of carrying the oversized spare tire that would likely tear up the tail gate over time.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Check here in the for sale section, guy selling his for $200

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-bumpers-armor-114/rancho-rear-tire-carrier-99511/

sometimes other bumpers are in their too.

Quick Reply: Rancho Rear Off-Road Bumper with Tire Carrier