Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho Rear Off-Road Bumper with tire carrier??????

Old 08-12-2012, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Rear Off-Road Bumper with tire carrier??????

Does anyone here have one of these. Its the only rear bumper with a tire carrier that i can find under 500. Everything else is over 800 at least. I am wondering if it is just a piece of crap or if it is actually nice. Rancho makes good stuff. Thanks

Rancho Suspension: Jeep JK rockGEAR » Rear Bumper

Jason
Old 08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Check out the e-autogrilles bumpers on ebay. You can get front and rear (with tire carrier) for ~$900 shipped, and I know they sell each individually as well. There's a large thread on here somewhere about them...most people seem to think they are "re-branded" or "non-branded" smittybuilt bumpers.

Kevin
Old 08-12-2012, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lang1864
Does anyone here have one of these. Its the only rear bumper with a tire carrier that i can find under 500. Everything else is over 800 at least. I am wondering if it is just a piece of crap or if it is actually nice. Rancho makes good stuff. Thanks

Rancho Suspension: Jeep JK rockGEAR » Rear Bumper

Jason
I was looking, and still am considering this bumper. I used to wheel with a guy that had it, and it is a very clean and affordable setup.

Originally Posted by smirak
Check out the e-autogrilles bumpers on ebay. You can get front and rear (with tire carrier) for ~$900 shipped, and I know they sell each individually as well. There's a large thread on here somewhere about them...most people seem to think they are "re-branded" or "non-branded" smittybuilt bumpers.

Kevin
Or a cheap chinese knockoff of smittybilt, similar to the "Re-Branded" snorkels that are carbon copies of AEV.

Buy the stuff from the people that created it. Not the people that stole the idea.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blakspire
I was looking, and still am considering this bumper. I used to wheel with a guy that had it, and it is a very clean and affordable setup.

Or a cheap chinese knockoff of smittybilt, similar to the "Re-Branded" snorkels that are carbon copies of AEV.

Buy the stuff from the people that created it. Not the people that stole the idea.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all. However, I would give you a dollar to a donut that the bumpers are made in the same factory in China...be it the "re-branded" one or the smittybuilt one...

Kevin
Old 08-12-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by smirak
I'm not disagreeing with you at all. However, I would give you a dollar to a donut that the bumpers are made in the same factory in China...be it the "re-branded" one or the smittybuilt one...

Kevin
YEP i have this bumper its great no problems
Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at a jeep show and rancho was there.they are made in the usa and they are working on one that swings with the gate which is a great idea I kind of thought it would be out by now. I have been waiting for it to come out. they told me it would be about the same price.

Quick Reply: Rancho Rear Off-Road Bumper with tire carrier??????