Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho Rear Bumper problems

Old 05-29-2009, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AWESOME - I love the quick response and concern they gave you. i will be purchasing mine next week.. i have been wanting one - and that just shows their concern....
Old 05-29-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

with customer support like that I will be ordering one right quick
Old 05-29-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why would the make the high-lift jack mount spacing for 1995 and older jack??? When the bumper fits 2007 and up???
Old 05-29-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NH4X4
Why would the make the high-lift jack mount spacing for 1995 and older jack??? When the bumper fits 2007 and up???
I believe the spacing is for the different sizes and manufacturers of high lifts not the actually jeep year....then again...I have been wrong before...
Old 05-30-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

well, from my understanding the HI-lift, the company changed their spacing on the holes after 1995.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have this tire carrier and i had some problems mainly because i didnt have a press. I LOVE IT and i think it looks alot cooler in person. The finish is pretty horrible i already have some rust on it but for what i paid for it and the functionality of it its awesome Just got a rattle can and spray where i get rust.

BUT what iw anted to tell youguys is i had some rattling after i got the bumper on. It DROVE ME CRAZY so i got this idea i had the daystar tire carrier spacers from where i was saving up to get the carrier. I measured and sawed the daystar tire carrier bump stops and got some industrial strenght double sided tape and put it right beside the latch pin. Sure i have to put my leg into it now to close it but its so secure i have ZERo rattling and it was a free mod cause i already had it. But if you dont they are 15 bucks most places and i am very happy with the tire carrier.

I also had to go to lowes to get better hardware. The supplied hardware was junk. But rancho has really impressed me offering a great solution to those of us that cant afford the big 1400 dollar tire carriers. I would recomend it to any one.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What did you need a press for?
Old 05-30-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
What did you need a press for?
Well the bushings and the hench pin would have gone in alot easier and smoother if i would have had access to a press. Its like shock bushings kinda. I had to do it the sledge way and even then a little grinding but it worked out.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rubican!
Well the bushings and the hench pin would have gone in alot easier and smoother if i would have had access to a press. Its like shock bushings kinda. I had to do it the sledge way and even then a little grinding but it worked out.
Ahh, ok, I gotta sledge.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

I talked to Hi-Lift and they say their jacks haven't changed. They are wondering where Rancho got this 1995 change?

Quick Reply: Rancho Rear Bumper problems