Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho Rear Bumper problems

Old 05-05-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Rear Bumper problems

I just received my Rancho rear bumper with tire carrier today and spent all afternoon installing it. The bumper installed alright but the pain was the tire carrier. The hinge sleeve was already in the bushings and the wrong one was in. I tore it all up switching it out but got it to work after a bunch of beating and grinding. The screw posts for the hi-lift were off as well so it wouldn't mount right on. I beat the hell out of it with a sledge and made that fit as well after driving to Lowes to get bolts to go on the provided screws. All in all, I am semi disappointed with the whole thing, on the up side, it works, its only purpose was to hold a 37 for the time being, and it will serve that purpose but will be modified before too long.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have that bumper/tire carrier and it went on perfectly,although I had to use the included adaptor to mount my HiLift.No excessive rattling,and I have a 37 on mine,it has been great for almost 10,000 miles.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by drnedatsnov
I just received my Rancho rear bumper with tire carrier today and spent all afternoon installing it. The bumper installed alright but the pain was the tire carrier. The hinge sleeve was already in the bushings and the wrong one was in. I tore it all up switching it out but got it to work after a bunch of beating and grinding. The screw posts for the hi-lift were off as well so it wouldn't mount right on. I beat the hell out of it with a sledge and made that fit as well after driving to Lowes to get bolts to go on the provided screws. All in all, I am semi disappointed with the whole thing, on the up side, it works, its only purpose was to hold a 37 for the time being, and it will serve that purpose but will be modified before too long.
I was going to get this rear bumper/tire carrier until I saw one a few months ago, the price is great but the fit and finish looked horrible
Old 05-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by drnedatsnov
I apologize for the issues you had and we would like the opportunity to make things right. By hearing that a sleeve was installed in the bushing leads me to a lot of questions as well as some missing hardware to adapt to the several different models of hi-lifts. Can you send me a PM with your contact info and the best time you are available to give you call? Please include where you purchased the kit as well.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rancho
I apologize for the issues you had and we would like the opportunity to make things right. By hearing that a sleeve was installed in the bushing leads me to a lot of questions as well as some missing hardware to adapt to the several different models of hi-lifts. Can you send me a PM with your contact info and the best time you are available to give you call? Please include where you purchased the kit as well.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, Rancho done kicked it in on the forum, that's the tire carrier I'm gettin cause I'm po right now. That is if I ever get my jeep back from the shop Goin on 2months now.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Freak

I've been eyeballin that bumper/tire carrier for a while, in fact my GF is gettin it for my birthday. Ill be following this thread hoping everything works out for drnedatsnov and spying for a good report for when I get mine!

And damn MK, I'd be curled up in a ball crying if my rig was in the shop as long as yours hasbeen
Old 05-06-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

pm sent, thank you, and I purchased it from 4wd.com
Old 05-06-2009, 12:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paramaniac
I've been eyeballin that bumper/tire carrier for a while, in fact my GF is gettin it for my birthday. Ill be following this thread hoping everything works out for drnedatsnov and spying for a good report for when I get mine!

And damn MK, I'd be curled up in a ball crying if my rig was in the shop as long as yours hasbeen
I'm just about to that point.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

well, Rancho contacted me and informed me that my bumper was not supposed to be shipped that way, and they are not sure as to why. And the post's for the hi-lift jacks are designed for spacing on 1995 and older jacks, and that there was supposed to be adapters for the newer models, which weren't included in my batch. They apologized and were sincerely concerned. I am impressed with their quick response and concern, and they assured me that this is not a common issue, and are going to check into their stock to make sure none other's are like this.

Quick Reply: Rancho Rear Bumper problems