Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho Rear Bumper

Old 12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about the Gen Right that looks like a great carrier as well, plus you have an aluminum option as well
Old 12-03-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the rancho. Its not bad. I don't really like how far the tire is from the tailgate.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by arasco85
I have the rancho. Its not bad. I don't really like how far the tire is from the tailgate.
x2. I think if I do spend more money I'll be looking for a fancy latch thing-a-majig.

I've decided it will probably go to craigslist some day. No time soon, but some day. I think if I do spend more money I'll be looking for a fancy latch thing-a-majig. Poor pic but I'm not going outside with a flashlight.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

So the majority complaint is the distance the spare is away from jeep
Old 12-03-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by iphonedylan

x2. I think if I do spend more money I'll be looking for a fancy latch thing-a-majig.

I've decided it will probably go to craigslist some day. No time soon, but some day. I think if I do spend more money I'll be looking for a fancy latch thing-a-majig. Poor pic but I'm not going outside with a flashlight.
X2 the pin is kind of a pain in the ass.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by snopro269
So the majority complaint is the distance the spare is away from jeep
We have that space so you can store your Hi Jack Lift there.

Originally Posted by arasco85
X2 the pin is kind of a pain in the ass.
A latch type adds a pretty penny to a bumper. This way we try to keep it affordable. But I hear you, I have become the master of the just right push and get it lined up 99% of the time, with a 37 on our JK.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rancho

A latch type adds a pretty penny to a bumper. This way we try to keep it affordable. But I hear you, I have become the master of the just right push and get it lined up 99% of the time, with a 37 on our JK.
I'm just asking the people who own your bumper some pro and cons before I purchase it. It looks like a great product I'm just on my third different rear tire carrier and wanting to learn more before I invest.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by snopro269
I'm just asking the people who own your bumper some pro and cons before I purchase it. It looks like a great product I'm just on my third different rear tire carrier and wanting to learn more before I invest.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

I've got one and it's definatly nothing fancy but it gets the job done. I planned on it being an intermediate step in the rear-bumper, and needed something inexpensive because I'd just blown all my $ on lift/tires/wheels. However, I'm in no hurry to replace it, and I like it.
It's very sturdy. I had to put tennis balls over the hi-lift bolts because friends kept opening the tailgate without swinging the tire carrier first. Factoring in price, strength, and looks, I'd give it a 4/5 stars, but probably better than anything else in it's price range.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rancho
I keep my Hi-Lift inside, but I plan on adding Rotopax in that space.

Quick Reply: Rancho Rear Bumper