Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho Differential Skid Issue

Old 04-20-2016, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
Diff pumpkins are stout. I don't worry, although when I first started I would have. Know after seeing how much abuse these can take I no longer worry. I would post a photo showing my witness marks from golden spike but can not figure out how on my iPad and my pc is down for the count right now.
What I'm worried about is this getting pushed sideways there's only 2 bolts on each side that hold it to the diff housing
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2957445379.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	644348  
Old 05-08-2016, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just an update in case anyone's considering ordering these..... the rear will require grinding to fit without contacting the factory fuel tank skid plate. The 2" lift did not solve the problem in fact the shift of drive shaft has made it worse.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Diff pumpkins are stout and after market ones are stouter, but I've hit the diff cover in a rock and caused a break in the seal causing loss of fluid. Glide plate on front diff is a very good idea.

Quick Reply: Rancho Differential Skid Issue