Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rancho 9000 shocks please advise

Old 03-09-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho 9000 shocks please advise

So I was just wondering if any one out there is running the rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. I used to run them on my TJ and I loved em I just had the manual adjusters and was fine just doing that. I loved them because when I was flying on dirt roads I could make them super soft and then crank em up for the red rock or slick rock wheeling. Just wanted to know if any one has had a good or bad experience with these. Also I was looking at the bilstein front steering dampner. Would appreciate any feedback thanks
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burton57
So I was just wondering if any one out there is running the rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. I used to run them on my TJ and I loved em I just had the manual adjusters and was fine just doing that. I loved them because when I was flying on dirt roads I could make them super soft and then crank em up for the red rock or slick rock wheeling. Just wanted to know if any one has had a good or bad experience with these. Also I was looking at the bilstein front steering dampner. Would appreciate any feedback thanks
Just got a set of these for my son's TJ---what settings did you run on/off road? Appreciate the input.

Joe
Old 03-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by burton57
You will still love them on the JK platform as well, but I am biased.

And don't forget our No Limits Promotion going on from now until August 31.
http://www.gorancho.com/promotions.php
Old 03-09-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running these with my Rancho 4" Sport Lift and love the combination together. I run these at 1 for the DD use and the ride is sweeeeeet! I wheeled them hard a couple weekends ago and they did great. I forgot to adjust them up, so I wheeled them in 1. I will have to change them to upper middle settings (6 or 7) for my next wheeling adventure and see if I notice any improvements.

I'm not shy about opining on this lift and shock setup. I've chimed in on several threads recommending the lift and shocks for others. I have a good buddy seriously considering it for his stock Rubi. I do think you will like the shocks on your rig.

Please note that Rancho does not endorse me in any way for my kind words. I wouldn't mind if they asked though .
Old 03-09-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
I'm running these with my Rancho 4" Sport Lift and love the combination together. I run these at 1 for the DD use and the ride is sweeeeeet! I wheeled them hard a couple weekends ago and they did great. I forgot to adjust them up, so I wheeled them in 1. I will have to change them to upper middle settings (6 or 7) for my next wheeling adventure and see if I notice any improvements.

I'm not shy about opining on this lift and shock setup. I've chimed in on several threads recommending the lift and shocks for others. I have a good buddy seriously considering it for his stock Rubi. I do think you will like the shocks on your rig.

Please note that Rancho does not endorse me in any way for my kind words. I wouldn't mind if they asked though .
Do you adjust these with a remote device of some sort or do you go around to each shock and adjust them?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the info and input. I am deffinatly going to pick some up because I had nothing but a great experience with my TJ. And for those who were asking on my TJ what I ran the settings on I honestly put them at 1 for the street it was nice and soft and then when wheeling I would just turn them up to 9 or 10 especially in moab or rock crawling type conditions. And I only had the manual adjusters I would like to get the remote stuff but dont know how hard it would be to install or if it fails or not.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi

I was told by a 4x4 shop that Rancho shocks were the only ones holding up to the extreme cold in AK. Even the Bilsteins were loosing their seals from the cold.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
I was told by a 4x4 shop that Rancho shocks were the only ones holding up to the extreme cold in AK. Even the Bilsteins were loosing their seals from the cold.
wow thats interesting. I used to love the sound of my Rancho's when they would collapse and extend cause with my teraflex shocks I cant ever hear them and to be honest I dont like the ride. So I am way excited to get the Rancho 9000
Old 03-09-2011, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

Been running the Rancho's for about a year now with TF 2,5 Coils, good ride on road and with softer settings they do well in the dirt and sand as well!!..

Very happy with the set up
Old 03-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
That's cool and interesting to hear.

And thanks to all for the kind words.

Quick Reply: Rancho 9000 shocks please advise